The Marketing Assistant will work closely with the Marketing Manager to develop and implement marketing plans and strategies for the LSU Alumni Association and affiliated businesses. The Marketing Assistant will identify marketing trends and opportunities for growth, as well as create original marketing materials such as graphics and other marketing collateral. The Marketing Assistant will help track marketing campaigns and is responsible for taking on a variety of tasks that allow for the successful completion of planned marketing programs.
• Assists with developing and executing marketing campaigns and programs for LSU Alumni Association (Development, Alumni Engagement, Traveling Tigers, Touring Tigers, The Cook Hotel & Conference Center at LSU, and LSU Alumni Gift Shop)
• Supports all digital marketing activities including LSUAA website maintenance, The Cook Hotel website development and maintenance, LSU Alumni Gift Shop e-commerce website updates, social media planning and execution.
• Responsible for original content creation and publishing across all applicable channels including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin, blog, and LSUTigerNation.com.
• Develops marketing collateral such as development mailers, branded materials, digital graphics, brochures, fliers, signage, etc.
• Performs marketing research, produces reports and analyzes marketing metrics and campaign specific results; develops ways to improve those campaigns.
• Responds to inquiries to buy ad space in the LSUAA Magazine and assists the Marketing Manager with creating ad options for the client
• Assists with preparing invoices for advertising sales and ensures the client’s needs are met.
• Performs research on clients and competitors, utilizes statistics to develop an effective sales pitch for advertising sales.
• Performs research on peer institution marketing activities and appeals.
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing or related field.
• 0 – 2 years of related experience, with marketing experience preferred.
• Ability to work extra hours; communication after hours, on weekends, and holidays can be expected.
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task effectively in a fast-paced environment.
• Proficient computer skills including MS Office Suite and graphic design programs, Adobe Creative Suite.
• Exceptional writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of our business' various types of content.
• Proficiency in social media tools and understands how to both build and convert a digital audience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Self-motivated, self-starter.
• Excellent communicator and creative thinker, with an ability to use both data and intuition to inform decisions.
• High level of attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
• Excellent customer relationship skills; high energy, positive attitude.
• Ability to work independently as well as within a team
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. Occasional travel may be required.