Palomar Holdings, Inc. (“Palomar”) is the ultimate parent and insurance holding company of its operating subsidiaries. Palomar is an innovative insurer and managing general agency that focuses on the provision of specialty property insurance for residential and commercial clients. Palomar’s underwriting and analytical acumen allow it to concentrate on certain markets that it believes are underserved by other insurance companies, such as the markets for earthquake, wind, and flood insurance.
Palomar is a growing insurance provider that is building an extraordinary business around an exceptional team of employees. As a result, we are seeking both experienced professionals and recent college graduates who are up to the challenge of helping us build a unique brand in the insurance business. If you are looking to thrive in a dynamic work environment where your contributions will be recognized and rewarded, we would like to talk to you about joining our collaborative, energetic, and hard-working team.
For more information about our company, visit us at www.PLMR.com No phone calls or agency solicitation please. Palomar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At Palomar, we are committed to safeguarding the health and well-being of our employees, customers, partners, suppliers, and job candidates. We are actively monitoring the situation related to COVID-19 and are continuing to hire qualified candidates to better serve our customers. To ensure your safety as a job candidate and compliance with our COVID-19 protocols and recommendations/guidelines from the CDC, State and Local Health Officials, we may be relying on virtual interviewing and other digital communications. Our recruiting team is committed to providing the support you need throughout the hiring and onboarding process. We appreciate your understanding and flexibility during this time.
Scrum Master Position Description:
As a Scrum Master, you will work with the scrum teams to promote agile values, practices, and processes. You will also help us in identifying areas of improvement in our process and executing change. You will be responsible for facilitating two or more agile development teams and their scrum ceremonies (planning, refinement, stand ups, retros) You will work with the team to ensure blockers are removed and will be responsible for ensuring readiness tasks are met for production deployments.
• 3+ of hands-on experience playing the Scrum Master role for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
• Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) certification required, Advanced Certified ScrumMaster (A-CSM) a plus
• Experience applying Atlassian (Jira and Confluence) tools to manage the process is preferred
• Excellent skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
• Strong knowledge of patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (ex. Burndown techniques, retrospective formats, bug handling, etc.).
• Strong understanding and experience in Agile techniques: User stories, continuous integration, story splitting, estimation, velocity, and agile games
• Outstanding written/verbal communication, presentation, and leadership skills
• Excellent time management skills with strong ability to manage multiple teams
• Intermediate level skill in MS Office preferred
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Organize and facilitate daily stand-up, sprint planning, sprint review, retrospective, and refinement ceremonies for two or more scrum teams.
• Assess the scrum maturity of the team and coach the team into a process at a sustainable pace.
• Support and educate the Product Owner in writing and splitting user stories, and maintenance of the product backlog
• Develop dashboards and reports standards to aid in monitoring sprint goals and shares with the team
• Anticipate delays and obstacles and drive action to resolve issues
• Manage Jira sprints and monitor burndown, velocity, and overall success in sprint delivery.
• Work with team members to keep product backlogs and plans visible, relevant, and prioritized.
• Promote the team agreement and ensure it is being strictly adhered to
• Foster an environment to continuous improvement and team empowerment so that our teams reach their full protentional for productivity, engagement, and morale.
• Work across the organization to remove roadblocks that are impacting the scrum team.
Competitive salary that is commensurate with individual experience.
Benefits and Compensation:
Palomar Specialty Insurance Company offers competitive salaries, ongoing professional development and a comprehensive benefits package, including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Company-paid Life and AD&D Insurance, Company-Paid Long-Term Disability benefits, 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan (with company matching), Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays. Paid parking.