The Chicago Sun-Times is the hardest-working paper in America, covering the stories and issues that matter most to Chicago’s working women and men with depth, integrity, and grit. Winner of eight Pulitzer Prizes, the Sun-Times features hard-hitting investigative reporting, in-depth political coverage, insightful sports analysis, entertainment reviews and cultural commentary, both in print and online.
The Sun-Times Media Group is looking for a Sr. Data Analyst with 5+ years of experience who is ready to take their career to the next level. The Sr. Data Analyst is a key strategic role within the organization, providing data support and reporting across the organization. As a member of the Financial Planning and Analysis team, the Sr. Data Analyst will work closely with internal business partners to measure and improve business performance. This position reports directly to the Manager of FP&A, with interaction and visibility to senior leadership.
• Analyze internal and external data across several business units to provide actionable intelligence.
• Act as a subject matter expert on enterprise-level dashboards and reports to guide business decisions based on key organizational KPIs.
• Monitor KPIs, analyze trends and present causes of unexpected variance
• Collaborate, educate, and provide reporting to cross-departmental teams to develop a cohesive and comprehensive understanding of key business drivers.
• Use intuition and experience to resolve operational issues on the fly
• Lead other analysts on tools, approaches, and how to arrive at concise actionable solutions.
• Align project objectives with Finance and Information Systems strategies to meet short and long-term business goals
• Manage initiatives that focus on driving new projects, process improvements, and reporting enhancements
We are currently working remotely due to COVID-19 restrictions.
• BS, BA in Business Administration, Finance, Information Systems, or equivalent; MBA is a plus.
• Highly experienced in the core MS Office suite applications and an advanced user of Excel including the ability to use formulas, functions, and pivots.
• Minimum 5+ years of experience in analytics and data in a corporate finance environment.
• Advanced level skills leveraging SQL or other relational databases required.
• Advanced technical writing experience in relevant areas, including queries, reports, and presentations.
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge with creating reports and dashboards using Tableau Desktop, Power BI Desktop, or other similar data visualization tools.
• Exceptional problem-solving skills and the ability to work with large datasets to provide actionable business insights.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to present analyses and findings to all levels of management.
What we offer
• Opportunity to work with a team of forward-thinking professionals in a collaborative environment
• Competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package
• Opportunity to be part of an iconic brand!
Sun-Times Media Productions LLC does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state, or local law.