Mental Health Connecticut is a statewide not-for-profit agency that provides direct services to adults with severe and persistent mental illness, presents workshops about mental health, and mounts reform efforts to help shape state policies and laws.
MHC has an immediate part-time opening (24-hour work week, 3-days a week with flexible days/hours) for a Facilities Assistant within Stamford/Bridgeport area. The Facilities Assistant is responsible for assisting the Facilities Manager in maintaining the buildings and grounds of MHC, overseeing the upkeep of equipment and supplies, and assisting the G.R.O.W. program with maintenance and set-up needs.
Salary: $19.00 per hour.
The Facilities Assistant responsibilities include:
- Performs a variety of work in the maintenance and repair of buildings and grounds at various Connecticut facilities including doors/locks, light plumbing, painting, grounds maintenance; general repairs and upkeep on floors, bathrooms, walls, performs minor troubleshooting, sets up and removes seasonal a/c units, moves furniture, file boxes, and equipment, organize storage sites, completes service requests and updates work logs for completed work; removes and responds to safety hazards.
- Perform and document safety and facilities inspections
- Janitorial and cleanup duties
- Ensure cleaning, upkeep, and safety standards are maintained or efficiencies are discovered.
- Work may entail periodic custodial duties to maintain indoor/outdoor areas to ensure an organized and neat building appearance.
- Assist in maintaining the MHC fleet of vehicles, including but not limited to scheduling regular and irregular maintenance & repairs, cleaning, and maintaining vehicle logs & paperwork.
- Assist the greenhouse program by performing landscape and horticultural maintenance, including manual labor such as weeding, shoveling, lifting, mulching, watering, or transporting of materials as needed.
- High School diploma/GED required.
- Prior experience with facilities maintenance / handyman work preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years’ working experience in a similar role.
- Ability to work with hardware, tools and power equipment.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid CT driver's license and auto registration and insurance.
Mental Health Connecticut is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, religion, citizenship, national origin/ancestry, physical/mental disabilities, military status or any other basis prohibited by law. EOE, M/F/D/V
No phone calls please