The Senior Payments Sales Representative is a key sales role that will drive the conversion effort of Fullsteam software companies’ clients from existing payment processing vendors to the Fullsteam payments platform. This is an important role as converting existing software clients to Fullsteam payment processing is one of the company’s leading KPIs for 2021 and beyond. A successful candidate will possess a proven record in selling credit card payment processing products and services.
Convert Fullsteam software companies’ software clients from existing payment processing vendors to Fullsteam payment processing platform
· Connect with clients to discuss Fullsteam payment processing via email, phone and screen-sharing technology
· Function as an expert in the field by demonstrating overall payments industry and market-specific software knowledge
· Discuss complex payments industry concepts with clients, including Card Brand interchange, fees and pricing models
· Cultivate meaningful relationships with clients, understand business needs and overcome customer objections
· Collaborate with leadership and sales resources at Fullsteam-owned software companies in conversion efforts
· Provide payments industry knowledge to Fullsteam-owned software company employees
· Track conversation process in Customer Relationship System Software
· Analyze existing merchant processing statements to determine client processing rates and fees, including any deceptive practices in place to obfuscate vendor fees
· Provide prospects with quotes/proposals for services offered
· Manage data across all Fullsteam-owned software companies in Customer Relationship Management Software
· Provide product overview/demo to prospects and/or Fullsteam software companies as needed
· Provide training on the Customer Relationship Management System to other employees as needed
Desired Skills and Experience
· 2+ years of experience selling credit card processing products and services
· Understanding of Credit Card industry rules, regulations and pricing models (Interchange+, Flat Rate, Tiered, etc.)
· Knowledge of the Payments ecosystem including Payment Facilitators
· Capable of reviewing client merchant processing statements and identifying processor mark-up and Card Brand Fees
· Experience providing detailed statement analysis and proposals to merchants
· Good listening skills to identify merchant’s pain points with existing processing vendor
· Self-starter who can work both autonomously and as part of a collaborative team to achieve individual, departmental and companywide strategic goals
· Detail-oriented individual who is well organized and committed to timely follow-up with clients and assigned Fullsteam software companies
· High-energy individual who can thrive in a fast-paced environment
· Demonstrated skills to work in a matrixed organization
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong problem, analytical, and time-management skills
· Process driven, highly motivated and a have superior attention to detail
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Software, particularly MS Excel, and Adobe Acrobat
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or related field OR relevant experience
Success factors/job competencies:
· Action Oriented – Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of action with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunity than others.
· Deals with Ambiguity - Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
· Collaboration - Actively and consistency seeks to work cooperatively with others, inside and outside the organization, to accomplish objectives to build and maintain mutually beneficial partnerships, leverage information, and achieve results. Service a collaboration catalyst that motivates others to want to collaborate as well.
· Customer Focus – Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
· Emotional Intelligence - Has the ability to perceive emotions of non-verbal signals of others, reason with emotions to promote thinking and cognitive activity, understand emotions by interpreting the cause of others emotions and what it may mean, and manage emotions by having the ability to regulate emotions of self and react and respond appropriately to the emotions of others.
· Intellectual Horsepower - Is bright and intelligent; deals with concepts and complexity comfortably; described as intellectually sharp; capable, and agile.
· Learning on the Fly - Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
· Problem Solving - Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
· Drive for Results - Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and other for results.
Physical demands and work environment:
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
EEOC & ADA Statement:
Fullsteam and its family of companies provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Fullsteam and its family of companies complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Fullsteam Human Resources.
This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Final candidate must be able to pass a background check.