As part of the Finance and Accounting team, responsible for all financial functions of Strauss Logistics, our Strauss Brands affiliate. In this hybrid role, the Senior Accountant will lead Logistics’ accounting functions while also assisting Strauss Brands with various accounting responsibilities (estimated 75/25 split). Collaborate with the Logistics team to drive process improvements and improve operating margins as the company expands operations. Support Strauss Brands corporate team with internal and external reporting. Learn and apply strong ERP functionality to optimize information, reporting, and timely interpretation of improvement opportunities.
• Perform a blend of accounting manager, technical accountant, and financial analyst.
• Develop, analyze, interpret, and report on financial results, compare to expectations.
• Complete monthly financial statements, and deliver accurate information and reports in a timely manner.
• Full ownership of monthly close responsibilities.
• Certify compliance with GAAP, financial policies, and internal controls.
• Ownership of invoicing, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and some payroll for Strauss Logistics.
• Complete standard Accounting transactions and internal reporting including but not limited to account and balance sheet. reconciliations, general ledger maintenance, month end closing, audits, expenses, government reporting, and taxes.
• Work cross functionally with departments to aid in expense classification, analytics, and reporting.
• Collaborate to learn the business and enhance financial fact-based decision making across the organization.
• Be a subject matter expert on certain ERP functions, leveraging knowledge of Logistics and back-end processes, to inform the broader organization of process improvement opportunities.
• Recommend and drive business improvement opportunities collaboratively where identified.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance ideal, plus minimum of 4 years of Accounting experience in a manufacturing environment, ideally LOGISTICS or food processing, with some Financial Analysis experience.
• CPA ideal.
• Knowledge of trucking industry practices and regulations ideal.
• High ethical standards and values upholding business integrity, objectivity, and confidentiality, including GAAP compliance.
• Excellent MS Office and data visualization tools.
• ERP skills required; Microsoft Dynamics preferred.
• Demonstrated outstanding ability to analyze, interpret, and communicate clearly (written and verbal) of financial concepts to non-financial team members.
• Results focused with a continuous improvement mindset.
• Thrives in a fast-paced environment by using excellent project and time-management skills.
• Outstanding organizational skills, accuracy, and attention to detail.
• Some Supervision experience ideal but not required.
• Demonstrates qualities of a future leader including but not limited it: strategic, critical thinking, hands-on problem solver, confident decision-making, tenacious yet agile, self-motivated, positive, collaborative team player, open mindedness to learn from others.
Able to work onsite in our Waukesha, WI location.