SOFTWARE ENGINEER INTERN DIADS 45003
Avarint partners with many universities conducting cutting-edge research. The professionals at Avarint apply innovative research, rigorous testing and robust engineering to deliver cutting edge science and technology solutions allied to best-in-class business practices. We provide quality, responsiveness and customer satisfaction.
We offer an exciting and challenging work environment. We're currently looking for sharp, energetic and ambitious individuals to join our team. We have full-time opportunities at our Buffalo, New York office for Software Engineer Interns.
The focus of the position is on new development and maintenance of existing software applications. Principal work activities include the analysis, design, implementation, testing and maintenance of C/C++ technologies, assist with the development of technical specifications based on customer requirements and provide estimates for assigned tasks.
• Create code that meets design specifications, follows standards, and is easy to maintain
• Suggest new designs when required
• Responsible for unit testing all code components produced
• Implement new features into existing products
• Ensure that all enhancements, bug fixes, and new features are documented
• Work with other teams to ensure project requirements are met
• Research problems and devise appropriate work plan solutions
• 3rd or 4th year undergraduate or graduate student pursuing a degree in Computer Science/Engineering and currently enrolled at an accredited college or university
• Has completed coursework in object-oriented common languages such as C++, C# or Java
• Detail- oriented with the ability to reason logically and provide rational solutions
• Ability to work well within a group or individually, with good communication and interpersonal skills
• Candidate must meet eligibility requirements for a government security clearance
• A current government security clearance is a plus
CUBRC maintains an Affirmative Action Plan to establish fair access to employment opportunities and to create a work community that is an accurate reflection of the qualified workforce.