Welcome to Seabrook Island Club! If you’re looking for growth and development, competitive compensation and benefits, and a fun place to work or grow your career, you’ve come to the right place! Seabrook Island Club is located on beautiful Seabrook Island, just south of historic downtown Charleston. We are always on the lookout for new talent to add to our team. With 2 championship golf courses, 15 tennis courts, two pickleball courts, indoor and outdoor dining venues, banquet and event operations, along with support and administrative positions, there’s something at Seabrook for everyone! We offer a variety of full time, part time, year-round and seasonal employment opportunities.
Permanent Full-Time employees enjoy the following additional benefits:
• Holiday BONUS
• 4 Weeks of Paid Time Off
• Reimbursement towards continuing education
• Holiday Pay
• Medical, Dental and Supplemental Health Benefits
All Seabrook Island Club Employees enjoy:
• Training and opportunities for growth
• Parties, prizes, and team outings
• FREE parking!
• Use of Club Amenities (including golf)
Position Description: Functions with other Lead Cooks as person in command in the kitchen and generally is in charge of food production, when Exec Chef & Sous Chefs are absent. Ensures that all food production workers are performing their duties according to quality standards established by the Executive Chef. Assumes all duties of Sous Chef (s) in their absence.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead by example and promote Seabrook Core Values, Characteristics, Employee Constitution and Decision Making.
- Supervises kitchen preparation for service of all stations.
- Verifies that all portion sizes, quality standards, department rules, policies and procedures are maintained by kitchen employees.
- Verifies that all sanitation and nutrition practices are maintained by kitchen employees.
- Supervises the production of all food items.
- Inspects food garnishments, flavor & consistency
- Assists Executive Chef with some menu planning, specials, food purchasing.
- Assumes managerial responsibility in the absence of the Executive Chef & Sous Chefs.
- Plans and conducts meetings with employees-daily lineups.
- Assists with training new employees.
- Ensures proper maintenance of kitchens for safe and efficient operations.
- Enforces daily cleaning checklists as well as assigning downtime cleaning projects on a daily basis.
- Enforces the daily utilization of prep lists-line stations, banquets and general prep.
- Participates with open dialog with members and guests visiting our restaurants or banquets. Assists in recording member/guest comments &/or complaints. Assists with daily kitchen manager’s report when asked.
- Maintains department transfer sheets & invoices for their timely recording by accounting.
- Completes any other task assigned by the Executive Chef or Sous Chefs.
Education: Culinary Arts Degree preferred but negotiable depending on previous work history.
Experience: Minimum 4 years progressive managerial responsibilities in a high volume club or hotel
Skills: Strong management, organizational, and communication skills are required. A working knowledge of computer programs is necessary.
Supervisory Responsibilities: All kitchen staff.
Equipment to be used: Knowledge of all food service Equipment and Cutlery.
Typical Physical Demands: Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office, retail, and culinary
equipment. Requires ability to stand and/or sit for extended periods of time. Requires bending, stooping, and reaching.
Requires normal range of hearing and vision. Requires ability to lift and move heavy tables, chairs and other objects.
Requires ability to function professionally in an environment that is both physically and mentally stressful and
Working hours may vary according to business levels and some long days may be required.