Dedicated to transforming higher education to meet the needs of students in the 21st Century, Bay State College welcomes applications for its Innovation Fellow Program. The Fellows Program is a one-year renewable fellowship for top innovators in the development, implementation, and teaching of Mathematics and English language curricula for undergraduate students. Fellows work in an exciting environment where they focus on innovation, globalization, entrepreneurship, and social good. Contract employees, Fellows work in the School of Arts and Sciences and report directly to the Chair.
- Lead the department in identifying and implementing innovative methods of teaching and learning that will aid students in the integration of these core areas with our increasingly dynamic and technological global society.
- Work with the Chair of School of Arts and Sciences to develop curriculum that advances the program in innovative directions.
- Track and Analyze student outcomes relative to informing innovative changes and evaluating success.
- Advance policy changes within the college that facilitate development and delivery of innovative curriculum.
- Engage with faculty and staff to develop and implement curriculum and policy.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Teach five classes per calendar year.
- Performed other duties as assigned.
- Must be in a terminal degree program.
- Experience in advising or teaching students.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills and multicultural competencies.
- Ability to work with diverse populations.
- Ability in problem identification, reasoning.
- Demonstrated interest and knowledge in innovative approaches to math and English instruction.
- Experience in advising or teaching students at the undergraduate or graduate level.
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills.
- Bilingual language is a plus.
- Sedentary work. Employees may occasionally be required to exert up to 10 to 15 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Normal office conditions. Must be available to work a flexible schedule.
Bay State College is a private career-focused college founded in 1946 in the Back Bay neighborhood of Boston. With a mission to prepare students for successful careers and global citizenship through academic rigor and individualized support, Bay State seeks educational leaders ready to develop students for professional and personal well-being far into the 21st century.
Bay State College is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.