Encino Energy is seeking to hire a Reserves Engineer, reporting directly to the VP of Corporate Engineering, and supporting the Corporate Reserves Manager. This position will be responsible for maximizing the value of the company by supporting the reserve and corporate management processes, leading key corporate engineering projects and technical studies to achieve optimal understanding of the company’s assets. This position will be expected to work independently, provide technical guidance to the rest of the organization, promote innovative methods to quantify company’s reserves and value.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Actively participate in technical evaluations and support of all Corporate Engineering projects
- Work interactively with the corporate reserves group and regional personnel to ensure that the company’s reserves and value assessments are prepared efficiently and systematically, in accordance with SEC, SPE-PRMS and SPEE methodologies and regulations
- Design and optimize databases, procedures, reports, and workflows to manage the company’s reserves efficiently and accurately. Enforce standardization of business policies and rules around reserve booking and reserves estimation methodologies
- Manage and analyze large amounts of reserve, production, and accounting data. Fully automate workflows and databases using efficient tools and innovative technology to generate smart displays, track reserves changes and analyze results for regional, corporate and executive teams
- Assist in the review and analysis of financial data for Encino and competitors, both public and private, including capital, operating costs, taxes, and production data in support of Encino’s economic evaluations, competitive intelligence, and reserves benchmarking
- Ability to proficiently read, understand and build forward models for lease operating statement inputs; LOE, gathering and processing costs, differentials and deducts as well as interpreting and modeling marketing contracts with the support of the Operations and Marketing Departments
- Support corporate engineering processes such as, lookback analysis, budgeting and planning, year-end and quarterly reserve reporting, third party audits, Company NAV, and competitor evaluations.
- Conduct technical studies in support of the regional asset teams and assist with project reviews related to any methodology applied to reserve estimations such as; decline curve and type curve analysis, RTA, volumetrics, recovery factors, material balance, statistical and data science tools, probabilistic estimates and aggregation or other techniques
- Assist preparing presentations for the Executive Committee, Board of Directors and investors
- Conduct business with the highest ethical standards – demonstrate decision-making skills that ensure accuracy in the company reserve and valuation estimates
- Understand the skills and ethical issues that arise when calculating and reporting reserves
- A self-motivated engineer with experience in reserve classification and reserve reporting
- Experience working, managing, and analyzing large amounts of data using SQL, Access and Spotfire
- Experience in analyzing and calculating reserves in unconventional reservoirs
- Must have the ability to work in a multi-functional team environment and maintain the independence required to meet reserves reporting standards
- Able to build effective relationships with business partners in accounting, land, marketing, data science, operations, finance, and subsurface teams to ensure the company’s books represent the most up to date business strategy
- Experience in the automation of processes and improving efficiencies
- Experience with SEC, SPEE and PRMS principles and guidelines for reserve estimations
- Working knowledge and practical application of volumetric calculations, decline curve reserve determinations, appropriate analogue techniques and material balance assessments
- Experience with other petroleum engineering disciplines, operations, drilling and/or completions
- Experience with oil and gas reservoirs, unconventional and conventional reserves and resource assessment, secondary recovery, and horizontal development plans, EOR experience is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to produce results that meet economic goals and make economic recommendations that have a positive financial impact
- Well-developed understanding of economic and volume risk assessment and how they apply to SEC, SPEE and PRMS reserves booking guidelines.
- High degree of proficiency in Aries, SQL, Spotfire, Excel and reservoir modeling software
- Knowledge of any programming language such as Python, C++, SQL, Visual Basic is a plus
- Ability to handle multiple priorities concurrently and several projects while meeting deadlines
- A bachelor’s degree in petroleum or chemical engineering required.
- Ten years of petroleum engineering experience in reserve estimation and reservoir engineering with minimum 5 years experience at an operating company. At least 1 of which was spent in operational roles.
Full-Time, Exempt, Salaried
This position is not eligible for domestic relocation.
The percentage of travel anticipated for this position is 0 – 10%, including overnight extended stays.
This job is predominately located in a professional office environment with occasional travel to the field operations.
This is a full-time position. Encino has a compressed work week with a “4/9/4” Work Schedule. Employees have the option to work four nine hour days with the addition of four hours each Friday. Some flexibility in hours is allowed.
Encino Energy is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company based in Houston. The company is committed to accumulating high potential assets in multiple U.S. basins and to enhancing returns with active discipline and technologically-driven development programs.
Encino Energy is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in recruiting, hiring, developing, compensating, and promoting applicants and its employees. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for employee’s and applicant’s disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Encino Energy does not offer sponsorship of employment-based non-immigrant visa petitions for this role.