The Director of Digital Marketing is responsible for leading the execution team’s overall strategic planning and development, innovation, setting digital marketing service standards and expectations, and continuous improvement of digital marketing services that the agency provides for our clients. This position will help drive the agency by providing direction to the execution team on client campaigns, provide support on new business strategy planning, and collaborate with leadership to ensure the department is supporting the growth of the business. The Director of Digital Marketing has at least 5 year of experience leading and managing, and is effective at developing and motivating a team of A+ players. This person will be responsible for ensuring strong ROI and results through our digital marketing offerings, and consistency in the services we provide to our clients. They will actively research and identify new opportunities for innovation.
The Director of Digital Marketing will have strong marketing, strategic, and technical knowledge. They will bring new ideas and capabilities to service our clients, working closely with the COO & Co-Founder on integration and execution for the agency.
The Director of Digital Marketing will report directly to the COO & Co-Founder.
- Understands how our execution teams meet client needs and help manage priorities and projects to meet those client needs; identify and implement best practices; driving new initiatives and at the forefront of new process
- Oversee strategy, performance, and execution of digital marketing efforts for agency
- Problem solve and troubleshoot complex technical questions from all departments with a high-level of expertise
- Work closely with the Director of Account Services, Director of Analytics and Research, and Creative Director to provide high level project and account support, helping to encourage confidence in agency performance and results
- Review top tier existing client campaigns to ensure continuous innovation, including bidding strategies, budgets, comments, conversions, etc.
- Direct execution team with a continual improvement and efficiency focus
- Coaches and mentors direct reports such as Manager of Digital Marketing, Manager of Content Marketing, and SEO Manager to implement new digital marketing technology and methodology; holds department accountable for objectives and goals
- Dedicates time and resources to be ahead of the curve on digital marketing trends, identifying future digital marketing opportunities
- Identifying and championing new tools, channels, tactics, and experiments to support business objectives
- Contributes to finding opportunities and curating general company goals and understand how they apply cross departmentally
- Encourage growth and training opportunities for team
- Strategically plans, implements, and executes key initiatives for the department, in line with the agency’s initiatives and long term plans
- Regularly works with the Manager of Digital Marketing to provide growth opportunities
- Remains current on all aspects of client marketing trends and other industry information
- Innovate and stay current through facilitated regular meetings with channel partners such as Google and Facebook
- Develop and manage vendor relationships
- Passion for digital marketing technology, analytics, and creative development
- 5+ years experience running and optimizing digital marketing campaigns (i.e. Google Ads, Facebook, etc.)
- 5+ years working experience in digital marketing required
- 5+ years of supervisory experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field preferred
- 3+ years of agency experience preferred
- Must posses experience working with a wide range of clients in terms of industry & budgets; managing accounts of more than $1+ million annual budgets
- Strong professional experience and confidence in acquired skill set while growing and developing department and middle management
- Experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns
- Expert knowledge of website analytics tools (for example: Google Analytics)
- Experience with Google Tag Manager and setting up conversions required
- Ability to develop, motivate, and engage high-performance teams and work cross-functionally
- Superb communication skills with experience presenting ideas and campaigns to strategic partners, potential clients, and stakeholders
- Utmost attention to detail; sets standard for department output & quality of work
- Strong desire to succeed in the communications industry; a visionary for the department’s growth honing in on new opportunities and optimizing potential on existing process and accounts
- Positive attitude and proven rapport with colleagues
- Works well under pressure and deadlines
- Is logical, work-oriented and an analytical thinker
- Basic mathematical skills (adding, subtracting, multiplication)
At Digital Hyve we strive to lead with our values and beliefs at the forefront of what we do. We are able to head down this path because of our people. The wide variety of people on our team, that we work with, and part of our community are what makes us stronger together. Regardless of the background you come from, we invite you to join us on our journey to be better every day.
Digital Hyve is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Digital Hyve is committed to equal opportunity and nondiscrimination in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotions, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.