Dyehard Fan Supply, headquartered in Winston-Salem, NC, is a start-up entity specializing in providing Retail Merchandise at sporting and entertainment events for its clients. Dyehard is growing rapidly from a combination of recent and pending acquisitions as well as organic growth through acquisition of new clients.
The General Manager has primary responsibility for events at Phoenix Arena, including events featuring the Phoenix Suns, Phoenix Mercury, and various concerts and shows taking place in the arena. The General Manager effectively manages all aspects of the merchandise operation, including, but not limited to, inventory control, staffing, training, merchandising, cost controls, accounting procedures and the operation of all retail activities.
General Duties and Job Responsibilities
- Manage budget for daily operations and initiatives to achieve business objectives tied to the P&L
- Incorporates creative merchandising techniques in product presentation and keep retail displays filled, restocked, and fresh to ensure maximum sales at all event locations.
- Work to develop and execute an overall staffing plan to include: recruiting, hiring, training, scheduling, and developing employees to their full potential.
- Create a customer focused sales team and encourages the highest level of service by ensuring all team members are properly trained to improve their knowledge base and adherence to the organization’s customer service protocol and guidelines.
- Coordinate with corporate merchant team to develop a dynamic merchandising strategy that regularly updates and changes the aesthetics at all retail locations to create fresh appeal.
- Implement and maintain effective communication with the client and all employees.
- Assist with implementation of the marketing and promotions strategy within the facility in conjunction with all team-supplied assets.
- Oversee the daily operation of the 5,000 sq. ft. Team Shop.
- Follow proper procedures to ensure all product inventory is accounted, includes, but not limited to receiving, transfers, sales, returns, cycle counts, etc.
- Develop warehousing plan to assure easy access and accountability of merchandise.
- Assist in the development of programs that result in increased customer satisfaction.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.