NATURE & SCOPE
Perform various duties to manufacture nutritional supplement products in the Encapsulation Department.
The responsibilities of the Encapsulation Machine Operator include; but are not limited to, the following:
• Must possess a valid U.S. Driver’s License
Essential Responsibilities: Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of thie position at any time. Attendance is key to performing the job. Include but not limited to the following:
• Operate a semi-automatic encapsulating machine, including inspection apparatus.
• Conduct visual inspection of encapsulated product to detect and remove defective products.
• Cleaning and General Maintenance: Cleaning and maintenance of encapsulation areas.
• Record Keeping: Documentation of batch/ lot numbers and recording of data.
• Cross train on various equipment and in other departments.
• Minimum – High School Diploma or GED or equivalent experience
• Preferred – High School Diploma or GED with experience in operating machines
• Previous experience of operating machines.
• Troubleshooting of machines.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
• Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Must have manual dexterity, attention to detail and the ability to follow directions.
• Regularly required to stand, use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or control; and talk or hear.
• Frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. Repetitive hand movements are required.
• Occasionally sit, stoop, kneel, and crouch. Lift up to 50 lbs.
• Required to wear forced air respirator.
• Semi-automatic and automatic encapsulation machines, inspection apparatus, table top scales and tablet press.