This position, in either Aurora, CO or Valley Forge, PA, is for a Lead Natural Language Processing (NLP) Engineer / Architect that can guide our NLP technical solutions and teams across several efforts.
At Stratagem, we create advanced software solutions to support critical aspects of national security. We are solving highly complex problems with a team of fun, uniquely talented engineers that deliver capabilities to make a lasting impact.
Stratagem is a small, high-end software technology company that delivers operational solutions and performs advanced R&D for the DoD and Intelligence Community. We believe in a culture of innovation, fun, empowerment, and family. We want you to learn new skills so you can become more fulfilled in both your personal and professional life. Our goal is to make Stratagem the last company you work for!
Stratagem is hiring exceptional individuals to join our growing team. We look for candidates that are thoughtful and team-oriented with excellent problem-solving skills, a high level of creativity, and the ability to quickly learn new technologies. We also seek out individuals that are clear communicators and support their teammates with a sense of positivity and open-mindedness.
** TS/SCI Clearance with SSBI REQUIRED**
** US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED **
Responsibilities & Skills
As a Lead NLP Engineer / Architect you will:
• Design, test, and deploy novel NLP solutions to solve our customers’ hardest problems
• Review NLP software updates from the team and provide recommendations and guidance
• Develop (hands-on coding) NLP algorithms using common open source libraries
• Provide recommendations on operationalizing NLP solutions as part of a scalable architecture
• Design a text pre-processing pipeline to prepare data for training/executing NLP algorithms
• Clearly explain the benefits and limitations for various NLP architectures
• Support proposals and customer outreach to grow the NLP portfolio
• Provide servant leadership support for a team of developers and researchers to foster an environment of innovation and inclusion
• Review NLP publications to understand cutting-edge concepts and identify techniques that we should explore
• Author technical reports and publications
• Familiarity with the latest open-source NLP models, such as BERT (and recent BERT derivatives), T5, XLNet, etc.
• Significant experience developing and delivering software solutions in Python
• Knowledge and hands-on experience with many data science / machine learning libraries: Pandas, scikit-learn, TensorFlow, Keras, Pytorch
• Experience leading several successful NLP development efforts, preferably across several functions, such as text categorization, named entity recognition, autocompletion, translation, or sentiment analysis.
• Experience with common developer tools, like Jira, BitBucket, Gitlab, Github, etc.
• Effective communicator with the ability to write and present technical reports
Desired skill (bonus points):
• Familiarity with using AWS cloud computing resources such as EC2, S3, Lambda, etc.
• Familiarity with other programming languages, such as C++, Go, Rust, C#, or Java
• MS or PhD in machine learning, computer science, mathematics, or relevant fields
• Additional experience with any of the following AI/ML domains:
o Reinforcement learning
o Applying clustering algorithms and/or deep neural networks to real life problems
o Object detection algorithms such as YOLO and Faster-RCNN
o Generative Adversarial Networks and Variational Autoencoders
• Experience implementing algorithms on the GPU in Python or C++ using CUDA and other CUDA libraries
• Experience in application deployment, virtualization, and containerization