Mental Health Connecticut is a statewide not-for-profit agency that provides direct services to adults with severe and persistent mental health conditions, presents workshops about mental health, and mounts reform efforts to help shape state policies and laws.
MHC has an immediate full-time opening (Sunday – Thursday: 8:00 pm – 4:00 am) for a Shift Supervisor position within the Stamford area. This position will be responsible to provide support and supervision to the operations of the Residential Services Program. The position is responsible for overseeing and providing support to program operations and program staff mainly during the 2nd and 3rd shift hours.
Salary: $1,500 bi-weekly, salaried position. MHC offers a competitive benefits package which includes:
- Medical (Current employee coverage 80% paid for by MHC)
- Voluntary Vision & Short Term Disability insurance
- Long Term Disability insurance fully paid for by MHC
- 403b Retirement Plan (company match is $.50 for every dollar contributed, up to 6%)
- Paid time off (Paid holidays, vacation time, personal time, floating holiday time, sick time)
The Shift Supervisor responsibilities include:
- Oversee & supervise all direct care staff to provide effective quality, recovery oriented services in each program across second and third shifts.
- Assist program participants through the use of Evidence Based Practices, to effectively engage individuals in recovery ensuring their participation and satisfaction in the design, development and implementation of their personal IRPs with specific goals and objectives for ADL and IADL Skills.
- Conduct the maintenance of confidential chart evaluations on all programs; ensuring timely and accurate documentation of progress and behaviors of individuals in recovery and immediately sharing unusual concerns or emergency events with supervisory staff.
- Review and documents the self-administration of medications noting any refusal, resistance, reactions, errors or special conditions. Immediately reports concerns to supervisory staff.
- Monitor the safety of individuals in recovery in their residences through proper supervision of the sites ensuring the maintenance of safe and healthy facilities. May include conducting rounds/check-ins with housed clients.
- Identify and provide emergency crisis services through immediate assessment and response in accordance with accepted crisis intervention methods and techniques.
- May assist as directed in determine staffing requirements, screen potential new hire candidates, conduct interviews, and participate in the selection process.
- Train & ensure an effective orientation for new employees.
- Regularly supervise direct reporting staff, develop staff to maximize potential, monitor staff performance including performance reviews.
- Provide coverage and direct care assistance as necessary based on program needs.
- Responsible for the development of staff schedules.
- Organize and facilitates activities or groups that may be program specific.
- Assume leadership role in the absence of management staff as needed.
- Available on-call or in-person for consultation in emergencies, regarding imperative concerns, or for coverage needs.
Education and/or Experience: A Bachelor’s degree in a social science or related field and a minimum of 1 year of experience working in a community mental health setting supervising others. Equivalent years of experience may be substituted for the educational requirement. Advanced degree, license and/or certification preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid CT driver’s license, auto insurance and registration.
Mental Health Connecticut, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, religion, citizenship, national origin/ancestry, physical/mental disabilities, military status or any other basis prohibited by law. EOE, M/F/D/V
No Phone Calls Please