Founded in 2007, Initiate Government Solutions (IGS) a Woman Owned Small Business, specializes in healthcare information solutions with an emphasis on technology spectrum. IGS partners with government and commercial clients to tackle the most challenging healthcare information technology issues including large scale implementations, business informatics, analytics, and electronic health record support.
IGS is currently recruiting for the position of a full-time, remote SAN Systems Administrator to support our work with the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
Assignment of Work and Travel:
This is a remote access assignment. Candidate will work remotely daily and will remotely access IGS systems and therein use approved IGS provided communications systems. Travel is not required; however, the candidate may be required to attend onsite client meetings as requested.
Responsibilities and Duties (Included but not limited to):
- Developing all documentation required for environment updating as environment changes all while adhering to timelines set by customer and ATO
- Participating in team meetings and reporting weekly to customer on status of tasks
- Documenting/diagraming hardware system requirements for both existing and new hardware systems hosting data (i.e., what servers are linked to what SANs, volume configurations)
- Designing new hardware systems to integrate into existing system hardware architecture in efficient/cost effective manner (i.e., to what SAN should a new server be connected, should new servers be clustered)
- Proposing system architecture solutions that enable the current environment to adapt to data and user growth, create flexibility with current system constraints and resolve system failure points
- Interfacing with teams and key CDW customers in order to determine hardware system requirements (i.e., requests for new servers or access to servers)
- Generating high-level system (server, SAN, network) requirements based on stakeholder needs and ensuring that this set of high level requirements is consistent, complete, correct, and operationally defined
- Interfacing with teams so that any problems arising during design or implementation can be resolved in accordance with the fundamental design concepts, needs and constraints
- Generating hardware acceptance test cases, together with the appropriate teams, to determine that all of the high-level requirements have been met and hardware has been implemented/configured properly
- Generating deliverables such as sketches, models, diagrams, and prototypes to keep the teams and/or project team up to date on the proposed architecture
- Ensuring that all hardware architectural documents and documents with architectural input are regularly updated
- Troubleshoot issues, document system configuration changes and ensure system/hardware changes are tested
- Adhering to and managing systems to continue to have ATO.
- Includes the following:
o HP 3PAR Storage Arrays 20800, 8400, and 7400
o HP, EVA and Management Console
o HP Virtual Library System (VLS) arrays
o HP re-branded Brocade Fiber Channel SAN switches and Brocade Director X6.NetApp Storage Arrays and expansion, including 7-mode and Cluster Mode, particularly the V3220 series and AF300 Flash arrays
o DataON Storage Enclosure, using Windows Storage Spaces 2012R2
o Tegile hybrid and all flash arrays
o Pure storage all flash arrays
o HP ESL G3 Tape library
o HP Storage Essentials and Report Optimizer software, for detailed and customizable performance and usage metrics and a analysis, particularly for hosts, switches, and EVAs
o Brocade Network Advisor for switch monitoring and performance metrics
o HP System Reporter particularly for 3PAR performance metrics
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, Computer Science, Systems, Business or related scientific/technical discipline
- 3-5 years of experience in a professional work environment focused on SAN Systems Administration
- Knowledge and experience with storage arrays including HP, Pure, Tegile, Netapp, and WSS
- Knowledge of data warehouse server, storage and networking architecture and systems, and experience with diagramming/documenting these types of systems
- MS Server 2012/2016/ Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 (RHEL7)
- MS SQL Server 2012/2014/2016
- MS Hyper-V
- Ability to obtain and maintain a VA Public Trust
- Must be able to report onsite as needed and available to work surge hours as needed
Preferred Qualifications and Core Competencies:
- Prior, successful experience working in a remote environment
- Experience working on federal government contracts, preferably centered around veteran’s healthcare
- Current VA Public Trust
Initiate Government Solutions offers 401(k), Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Holidays, Medical, Dental and Vision Plans, Life and Disability insurance (and more).
Initiate Government Solutions participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program.
Initiate Government Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. Our company policy is to provide equal opportunity in all areas of employment practice without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship or disability.