Position Title: Program Coordinator – Food Distribution
Program: Neighborhood Enterprise Center
Classification: Non-exempt, Full-Time
Summary and Range of Authority: The Neighborhood Enterprise Center (NEC) is a community center that provides culinary and print training, employment, and is a hub for services and support for the community. It operates a social enterprise that sells food through café and catering and various products in the print shop. NEC also carries out various food distribution efforts for the community. Under the direction of the Program Director, the Program Coordinator is tasked with overseeing all food distribution components of the Neighborhood Enterprise Center.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide oversight of community food distribution operations
- Work with Program Director to develop a system for documentation of food distribution participants that complies with CDBG guidelines or as directed
- Organize and maintain participant files and documentation that are in compliance with CDBG guidelines or as directed.
- Coordinate with various vendors and providers for food, products, services, and equipment to carry out food distribution
- Organize and maintain weekly communication with food distribution participants to confirm food pick-up times
- Organize and provide logistics and tracking coordination for receiving, packaging, and distribution of food
- Direct involvement in receiving, packaging, and distribution of food
- Provide direction and placement of staff and volunteers during distribution events
- Coordination with Neighborhood Enterprise Center chef in menu planning and “hot-food” distribution
- Gather and disseminate current and relevant information for food distribution participants that may include, but not limited to: food banks, housing, employment, medical care, COVID-19 resources, and mental services
- On-line and/or in-store purchasing for food or food distribution related items and equipment
- Provide support to the Program Director with scheduling of both paid staff and volunteers
- Provide tours and information of the Neighborhood Enterprise Center for groups and individuals that may include, but not limited to: donors, collaborative partners, volunteers, and media
- Develop and print various flyers or similar outreach items to promote food distribution events
- General maintenance and cleaning of Neighborhood Enterprise Center areas used for food distribution
- Light to moderate lifting of boxes and bulky items
- Engage in various outreach events to promote UPAC and the Neighborhood Enterprise Center Food Distribution
- Must be available on weekends as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Certifications/Licenses and Language/Cultural Skills:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Minimum Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Basic operational understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Publisher
- Client file maintenance, organization, and documentation
- Requires good organizational skills
- Must have thorough and current knowledge of COVID-19 best practices
- Will not be debarred or excluded from participation in Federal programs by the General Services Administration and/or the Department of Health and Human Services of the Inspector General
- Must pass background check (Live Scan Fingerprint).
- Must be able to drive (when needed) for business purposes to other program locations in San Diego County. If employee drives his/her personal automobile for UPAC business, employee must have valid California driver’s license and comprehensive automobile insurance coverage, as required by law.
Additional Preferred Education or Qualifications:
- Bi-lingual in Spanish or Vietnamese
- Familiarity of CDBG funding guidelines and documentation requirements
- Experience in public speaking
- Experience in food distribution or similar community operations
- Experience with phone tree methods of calling and communicating
- Knowledge and understanding of various ethnic groups