Position Title: Substance Use Disorder (SUD) Counselor (LPHA) - APCC, or AMFT
Program: New Leaf Recovery Center
Classification: Non-exempt, Full Time
Salary: $21.00-$23.00 per hour; Commensurate with Experience
Summary and Range of Authority: Under the supervision of SUD Supervisor, Substance Use Disorder Counselor provides treatment to clients with dual diagnosis. New Leaf Recovery Center (NLRC) provides evidence-based and integrated outpatient treatment services for adults who suffer from serious mental health and co-occurring substance abuse conditions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct initial intake screening and assessment evaluations to target population.
- Designated intake/screening, comprehensive assessment and diagnostic tools include, but are not limited to, ASAM, ASI Lite, and Medical Necessity Justification.
- Develop treatment planning.
- Provide effective OS and IOS group counseling.
- Conduct individual, family, and collateral counseling services.
- Provide education and supportive services to clients and families.
- Provide crisis intervention services.
- Provide linkages and referral services according to the client’s level of care assessment.
- Process referrals from various referral sources such as criminal justice system, Child Welfare Services, recovery residences, other various providers and community agencies and individuals.
- Conduct effective outreach to promote program services as assigned.
- Provide discharge planning services.
- Provide recovery services as after care.
- Document all the services rendered in compliance with DMC ODS and other applicable requirements and standards.
- Serve as a member of an interdisciplinary team,
Required Education, Certifications/Licenses and Language/Cultural Skills:
- Must be registered with the Board of Behavioral Sciences (e.g. Associate Marriage and Family Therapist, Associate Professional Clinical Counselor or Associate Clinical Social Worker).
Additional Preferred Education or Qualifications:
- Bilingual, bicultural in Spanish.
- Knowledge and experience of Drug Medi-Cal ODS and SanWITS data systems.
- Change Agent Developing Recovery Excellence (CADRE) trained.
- If recovering, the recovery process for 2 years preferred.