The Category Sourcing Manager has strong procurement and analytical experience combined with the vision to create short-, mid-, and long-term sourcing solutions. In this role, you will be responsible for the development and execution of global sourcing and supplier strategies, as well as the identification and execution of cost savings programs. As a member of the Global Category Management team, you will work within a dynamic environment with a high-level of exposure and influence.
- Collect and rationalize inputs in support of the Category team’s global requirements.
- Drive component category productivity and supply chain optimization as assigned by the Senior Category Manager.
- Conduct make/buy analysis and make recommendations for strategy.
- Ensure sourcing from qualified suppliers, monitor supplier performance and drive corrective actions and improvement plans, as required.
- Negotiate and implement contracts and ensure compliance.
- Create and establish external benchmark analysis including gap analysis and required actions to achieve functional competitive advantage.
- Design and implement strategies to rationalize the supplier base and maximize the value of spend.
- Partner with Quality to drive continuous improvement.
- Implement programs to drive total cost of acquisition improvement activities to enhance margin and improve service levels.