Mental Health Connecticut is a statewide not-for-profit agency that provides direct services to adults with severe and persistent mental illness, presents workshops about mental health, and mounts reform efforts to help shape state policies and laws.
MHC has an immediate full-time opening (Monday - Friday, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm, with flexibility as needed) for a Coordinated Access Network (CAN) Program Coordinator within the Waterbury area. The Program Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the day to day operations of the assigned program location(s). Provide leadership, supervision, guidance, and support to program staff as well as participants.
Salary: $1,500.00 bi-weekly salaried position. MHC offers a competitive benefits package which includes:
- Medical (Current employee coverage 80% paid for by MHC)
- Voluntary Vision & Short Term Disability insurance
- Long Term Disability insurance fully paid for by MHC
- 403b Retirement Plan (company match is $.50 for every dollar contributed, up to 6%)
- Paid time off (Paid holidays, vacation time, personal time, floating holiday time, sick time)
The CAN Program Coordinator responsibilities include:
- Monitor administrative processes and requirements of assigned locations.
- Develop and maintain schedule of staff across the programs to ensure program coverage. May be required to carry a caseload, depending upon program needs.
- Monitor program budgets as assigned.
- Monitoring program census and determining appropriate distribution of caseload to staff.
- Assist with determining staffing requirements, screen potential new hire candidates, conduct interviews, and participate in the selection process.
- Facilitate an effective orientation for new employees.
- Oversee direct care staff to provide effective quality, recovery oriented services in each program through the use of Evidence Based Practices.
- Ensure confidential chart evaluations are conducted in all programs; ensuring timely and accurate documentation of progress and behaviors of program participants and immediately sharing unusual concerns or emergency events with supervisor.
- Regularly supervise direct reporting staff, develop staff to maximize potential, monitor staff performance and provide input on staff performance reviews.
- Approve time off requests, weekly time cards and program expense allocations.
- Assure high quality of supports within programs.
- Represent and implement MHC mission and philosophy maintaining positive and professional relationships with funders and other outside agencies.
- Complete investigations and reviews as requested.
- Available on call for consultation in emergencies or regarding imperative concerns.
- Complete necessary operational reports.
- Monitor all staff training, including core trainings, development trainings and program specific trainings.
- Perform interventions in the event of a crisis.
- Complete projects correctly and on time.
- Ensure that individuals receiving services are treated with dignity and respect in accordance with MHC policy.
- Willing and able to drive a personal vehicle locally and within the state. May be required to transport individuals in personal vehicle. Must be able to travel between programs, office, trainings, and department meetings.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science/related field preferred, or Associate Degree plus three years of experience required.
- Minimum of three years’ experience with administrative functions including supervision of staff, hiring, development and evaluation.
- Familiarity with Connecticut state human service systems and related treatment requirements and mandates.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid CT driver's license and auto registration and insurance. Recovery Assistant Certificate preferred. Medication Administration Certificate may be required.
Mental Health Connecticut is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, religion, citizenship, national origin/ancestry, physical/mental disabilities, military status or any other basis prohibited by law. EOE, M/F/D/V
No phone calls please