Newly created REVELxp, a portfolio company of Teall Capital Partners, is revolutionizing the sports and entertainment industry by reimagining gameday and redefining non-gameday experiences. We are looking for innovative self-starters who want to be a part of an organization that is helping reshape fan experience across the nation. If you have a passion for hospitality, service and revenue generation where you can make an immediate impact, we want to hear from you.
REVELxp is the combination of the some of the biggest brands in sports and entertainment serving more than 50 partners, hosting a million fans and participating in thousands of events annually. Apply now to be a part of one of the fastest growing teams in sports.
Our best asset is our people. We invest in our people and expect them to invest in us. We hire people who understand what it means to serve a client. We believe in doing the right thing and exceeding our clients’ expectations. We are a family and we want our clients to think of us as partners, not vendors. We want to help them innovate and be better every day. Our clients are largely in college sports and we run at quite a pace during the season to not just keep up, but to stay ahead. If you like the excitement of a fast paced, fun environment, apply today. We promise you won’t be bored, but don’t think you’re going to actually sit and go to the game either. We are part of the magic behind the scenes that makes it all work.
REVELxp is looking for an experienced revenue-generating and operations individual. As the General Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring the highest level of success including maintaining and acquiring venue partner relationships, surpassing topline revenue goals while managing all expenses including full management of event staff operations. The ideal candidate will possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, the ability to gather and synthesize key information and the ability to work effectively with a variety of colleagues across multiple levels and geographies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Primary duties to include, but not limited to the following:
- Deliver on individual property and overall tour goals through the maximization of event registrations, premium hospitality packages, media campaigns and partnership revenue alongside all relevant stakeholders
- Implement new products while fully managing all revenues and overall financial performance, including hitting specific margin goals
- Establish best practices for maximizing revenue streams across ticketing, partnerships and inventory creation
- Responsible for integration of all partnerships into the overall event activation
- Ensure all contractual obligations (Topgolf, Venue, Partners) are delivered and settled in a timely manner
- Oversee full time Topgolf Live Tour staff, interact with executive team and partners at Topgolf to ensure responsible management of the tour within budget expectations
- Maintain relationship with Topgolf Live HQ team for purposes of planning and executing the tour
- Help recruit, manage and train all event staff and any third-party vendors who participate in the execution of the Topgolf Live Tour
- Ability to accurately report on projections and actual revenues and expenses for each event and across the tour within regularly established intervals
- Collaborate with executive team to route future tour stops and negotiate venue contracts
- Oversee operational teams that manage event execution
- Ensure there is a ‘safety first’ mindset for all staff
- Find expense efficiencies that benefit the overall tour P&L
- Conduct regular reviews of event operations manual to ensure latest industry standards are being maintained
- Collaborate with executive team to mitigate risk associated with the tour and individual stops, and ensure that REVELXP, Topgolf and host venues have limited exposure.
- Ensure proper insurance certificates, legal coverage or other necessary measures are in place prior to each event
- Travel regularly to events to ensure quality control and best practices are being upheld
This position will be located in one of the REVELxp corporate offices, and may require relocation dependent upon current residency.
WHAT MAKES YOU A GREAT CANDIDATE?
- 7+ years managing full P&L that includes integrated partnerships and other B2B sales experience
- Prior experience in a revenue-generating role, specifically in ticketing, sponsorships, hospitality, event and/or premium sales
- Effective problem-solving abilities and the ability to work independently and as a team -- be a self-starter and collaborative depending on needs
- Strong organization, communication, follow up and interpersonal skills with a high attention to detail
- Able to develop and execute strategic plans that achieve both short- and long-term goals & objectives
- Proven track record of developing and maintaining strong, lasting relationships with relevant stakeholders
- Experienced in managing numerous projects at once within a fast-paced environment; time management is key
- Travel multiple times in most months (including some weekends and holidays) is to be anticipated
- High level of initiative, specifically in the areas of company growth and process improvement
- Must demonstrate a high level of integrity, character, honesty and commitment to excellence
- Results-driven; willing to do whatever it takes to accomplish the goal
- Strong desire to learn and grow within the company
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college
- Ability to manage and coach various levels of team members
REVELxp is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. All candidates must be authorized to work in the United States and successfully pass a criminal background check.