Duration: School Year per Contract (10 months + additional days in June)
Reporting to: Academic Dean
Schedule: Monday through Friday (plus scheduled events)
Hours: FT (7:50 am to 3:20 pm)
*This position will start for the 2021-2022 academic school year
Mission: Rooted in the Dominican tradition, St. Agnes Academy provides a Catholic college preparatory education that encourages young women to develop intellectual curiosity, to work for social justice and to act with integrity and compassion.
The Associate Dean of Faculty assists the Academic Dean in supporting the faculty and their professional development. The Associate Dean of Faculty supports the mission of the school by embracing the Dominican charism, providing guidance and attention to faculty. The Associate Dean of Faculty reports directly to the Academic Dean and has a consultative relationship with the other members of the administration.
Faith, Community, and Dominican Charism:
• Ensure that the four pillars of a Dominican education (prayer, study, community, preaching) are developed and promoted among the school community.
• Develop an active faith community and model Christian values.
• Incorporate prayer and spiritual formation within the student, faculty/staff and parent communities.
• Uphold and implement the Dominican charism and the Houston Dominican Sisters’ congregational goals.
The main responsibilities will include:
• Maintains system for tracking faculty attendance
• Assists in the coordination of faculty in-service in consultation with the Academic Dean, Principal’s Team and other appropriate personnel
• Maintains system for tracking faculty professional development and yearly training requirements (Safe Schools)
• Oversees programs for honoring and celebrating faculty achievements
• Creates the proctoring schedule for midterm and final exams
• Assists in the recruitment and faculty use of substitute teachers
• Creates plans for retreat coverage
• Assist in the creation and implementation of an Instructional Coaching programming
• Works in conjunction with the Academic Dean, the Associate Dean of Curriculum, the Director of Communication and the Principal’s Team Administrative Assistant to compile and publish content in the weekly faculty newsletter, Tiger Block Talk
• Monitors/oversees teacher record keeping, including attendance keeping, gradebooks, and mySAA.
• Assists in maintaining the faculty/staff calendar online
• Updates mySAA topics relevant to Faculty/Staff
• Assists the Academic Dean in the building of the master schedule in consultation with the Principal, the Registrar, and the Academic Vice Principal at Strake Jesuit
• Assists with the planning and execution of Madonna Day and Graduation events
• Attends and/or participates in major St. Agnes events
• Attends conferences and/or workshops (as needed) in order to keep abreast of latest education trends and research
• Teaches 2-3 classes, depending on school need.
• Commitment to embrace the mission of St. Agnes Academy
• Completion of Safe Haven training
• Minimum of a four-year B.A./B.S. degree (Master’s level preferred)
• Prior high school teaching experience (a plus)
• Passion for an all-girl’s educational environment
• Passion for a Catholic education
• Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrates professional behavior, including discretion, judgment, and integrity.
• Effectively interacts with a diverse population of students and faculty
This job operates in a professional/educational environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit at desk area, communicate via phone/face to face, manually input data into a computer, walk to different office areas, reach with hands and arms, and lifting a minimum of 25 lbs.