At Asurint, we’re building a leading information-based technology company in Cleveland, Ohio. Asurint is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing innovation, flexibility and personal ownership to background screening – all while addressing the changing regulatory landscape. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the positive onboarding experience of their employees. We are succeeding because they succeed.
The Software Quality Assurance (QA) Supervisor is a working test leader who is responsible for leading the test strategy and quality processes across Asurint development teams, while performing manual and test automation. The QA Supervisor is additionally responsible for maintaining quality standards that ensure continuous delivery, low regressions and defects, and high usability standards
- Work with Manager Software Development and other leaders to create, implement and maintain test strategies and processes.
- Manage QA Analysts and QA Engineers and ensure they have the right tools and skills to deliver valuable manual test scenarios, repeatable processes, quality metrics, deliver valuable test automation suite and promote continuous integration and delivery as applicable.
- Provide regular project and quality updates to Digital Leadership.
- Ensure all testing processes are clearly documented and trained to any responsible or contributing parties.
- Drive the test data strategy with Data Team, Developers, and testers. Ensure it is documented and all stakeholders are aware of the processes that support the strategy.
- Promote a positive atmosphere and maintain accountability across the QA team.
- Evaluates, selects, and implements the best technologies for the problems at hand, even when it requires learning new technologies.
- Provides technical leadership in system design, test architecture design, and code reviews/pull requests.
- Enhances the technical skills of other Quality Assurance engineers on own team and other teams where appropriate through coaching and mentoring.
- Designs and implements test harnesses, Integration Test Suite, and User Interface [UI] Test Suite.
- Implements performance testing program with DevOps and Sr. Software Engineers across organization.
- Advocates for true software craftsmanship at the team level.
- Enables collaboration via “just enough requirements” to facilitate delivery of running tested code.
- Participates in cross-team collaboration and knowledge sharing via guilds, cross team design sessions, and code reviews.
- Stays informed on leading technology and software engineering trends.
- Other duties as required.
- Experience writing test cases and system test plans is required.
- Experience supporting both windows and web applications is required.
- Usability and compatibility testing experience is required.
- Test strategy and process documentation writing is preferred
- Experience working on teams delivering software products in an Agile environment that practices continuous integration and continuous delivery is required.
- Experience with domain-driven design and implementing microservices is required.
- Experience with multiple programming languages such as Ruby, Java, C#, and Python is required.
- Experience with environments embracing BDD and TDD is required.
- Experience with version control with systems like Git with pull request workflows is required.
- Experience in relational data stores like PostgreSQL, MySQL, or MS SQL is required.
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Docker, and Kubernetes is required.
- Experience in leading Cloud providers like GCP, AWS, Azure or large-scale private cloud is preferred.
- Experience with non-functional test processes and technologies such as Dynatrace, LoadRunner, NeoLoad, and JMeter is required.
- Experience with full-stack web development is preferred.
- Experience with big data technologies is preferred.
- Experience with NoSql Databases is preferred.
- Experience with the legal/court system is preferred.
- Experience with background screening is preferred.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or a related field is required. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Years of relevant experience: 3 to 5 years is preferred.
- Years of experience supervising: minimum 2 years preferred.
- The work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions typical of offices, which includes the need for general safe workplace practices with office equipment and computers, avoidance of trips and falls, and observance of fire regulations.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- This position is performed in an office setting although off-site meetings in various settings occur.
- The schedule is generally normal business hours although there is a requirement to perform work, attend meetings and events before or after normal workings hours, and occasionally on weekends and evenings.
- Some travel by personal automobile and a valid drivers’ license is required. Occasional overnight travel is required.
- Lift light objects [less than 20 pounds] and carry them short distances [20 feet or less].
In exchange for your unique abilities, perspectives & teamwork, ASURINT offers an excellent benefit package which includes:
- Competitive salary
- Medical/Dental & Vision effective first day of employment
- Paid Time Off & eight company paid holidays
- Free gym in building
- Learning and Development programs
- Short & Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Business Casual Attire
- Employee Referral Bonus
*Asurint is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.