Vervent owes its success to the employees who call us home and, lucky for us, our people are the best in the business. Today, our team is the driving force accelerating our clients’ businesses beyond what they ever thought possible.
As one of the pre-eminent Lending as a Service (LaaS) companies, Vervent sets the global standard for outperformance by delivering superior expertise, future-built technology, and meaningful services. We support our industry-leading partners with primary strategic services including Loan & Lease Servicing, Call Center Services, Backup Servicing/Capital Markets Support, Credit Card Servicing, and Card Marketing & Customer Acquisition. Vervent empowers companies to accelerate business, drive compliance, and maximize service.
Job Title: Security Specialist
Department: Transaction Services
Reports To: Transaction Services
Location: Sioux Falls, SD
The Security Specialist will monitor a wide variety of reports to mitigate risk/fraud and take actions on accounts; take incoming calls for lost/stolen/NRI/fraudulent applications and accounts; process other duties as required within the Transaction Services Department. The hours of the position are between 7:00am and 9:00p.m. (Mainly 7:00am-5:00pm), Monday through Friday.
• Maintain accuracy and efficiency according to established departmental standards;
• Review security reports for potential losses on accounts;
• Review reports for reopening/reinstatement of accounts;
• Review accounts for suspicious activity;
• Research claims of unauthorized transactions per Regulation Z guidelines;
• Process Billing Disputes in accordance with MasterCard and Visa Regulations;
• Review returned checks for potential blocks on accounts;
• Research and respond to correspondence from external sources;
• Take incoming calls for lost/stolen/NRI/fraudulent applications/accounts;
• Consumer Dispute Forms;
• Process account closures;
• Recommend improvements, enhancements, and changes to current policies and procedures to ensure effectiveness within the department;
• Adhere to all company policies and procedures as stated within the company handbook;
• Perform additional duties as required.
• High School diploma or equivalent;
• Maintain acceptable attendance standards;
• Minimum of two years of credit card experience;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills;
• Flexibility to adapt to changing environments;
• Excellent decision making and problem solving skills;
• Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism;
• Word and Excel proficiency necessary;
• Exceptional attention to detail;
• While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to type on a keyboard, use a mouse, work in front of a computer monitor, and be in constant movement within the call center area.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is in an office-type environment. The noise level in the work environment is customary to a call center atmosphere.