Norix is a manufacturer of intensive use furniture, based in our newly constructed headquarters facility at One Innovation Drive in the city of West Chicago. We have an opening for the newly created position of Payroll Administrative Assistant. This person will be the primary contact for payroll administration and related issues and questions, as well as performing administrative office duties and assisting in Human Resources projects and initiatives to facilitate organizational effectiveness.
1. Validate the timecard information
2. Process bi-weekly payroll
3. Answer any payroll-related employee questions
4. Act as back-up for reception, answering/routing phone calls and greeting guests
5. Organize special functions and office events
6. Assist with translations as needed
7. Prepare correspondence, documentation, or presentation materials
8. Provide support to Human Resources
9. Assist other departments with administrative or clerical support
10. Other duties as assigned
1. Deep understanding of Paylocity payroll software
2. Strong understanding of wage & hour laws
3. Advanced skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
4. Bilingual (Spanish) strongly preferred
5. Ability to maintain confidentiality
6. Ability to communicate professionally and relate well to all levels within the company
7. Strong attention to detail
1. Associates degree, or equivalent mix of education and experience
2. Minimum 3 years experience with accountability for running payroll
Physical Requirements: General office environment
Norix produces innovative, robust furniture that meets the real-world need for humanizing challenging environments. For 35 years, the company has served the behavioral healthcare, corrections, fire/rescue, military, shelter, public safety and variety of commercial industries by providing uniquely functional furnishings for every application.
Norix furniture is designed for safety, security and extreme durability. Norix furniture is extraordinary by design, surpassing industry standards for strength, safety and long-term performance. Norix products emphasize good design and are developed for facilities that require furniture that can humanize their environments. Norix is privately held and is headquartered in West Chicago, IL with consultative sales representatives and dealers throughout the U.S.
Norix recently moved into a newly constructed 200,000 square foot facility at One Innovation Drive, West Chicago, IL in the DuPage Business Center. This new facility houses our corporate offices as well as a new manufacturing and distribution center. Our new campus encompasses 22 acres affording Norix the ability for future expansion as well as an adjacent 15-acre nature area. The roof of the new facility will contain over 3,000 solar panels providing for 100% of Norix’s anticipated electricity demands. Our construction website can be found at www.oneinnovationdrive.com.
Employee wellness is a core principle of our design with a focus on bringing the outdoors in through the extensive use of glass on the walls and roof. Key features include a fitness center, a large 32’ clear lobby and café, soccer field, two outdoor patios, training center, electric car charging, and ergonomic furnishings. This is a tobacco-free campus.