Job Purpose: The Treasury Management & Business Development Officer leads the development, sale, and administration of Treasury Management and new deposit business development for new and existing clients consistent with our client service standards.
- Results: Leads Treasury Management and Deposit team in North Oaks to consistently achieve results, meeting or exceeding production goals and metrics outlined in the Bank’s strategic plan. Accountable for aligning resources to implement strategies developed in collaboration with the Market Leader to maximize deposits for the North Oaks Market.
- Treasury Management & Deposit Sales: Solicits, establishes, and maintains new banking relationships with a focus on core deposit growth. Develops sales strategy and executes presentations for clients and prospects. Ensures the proper onboarding of new Treasury Management clients and deposit relationships. Drives overall business development strategy for deposit production and ensures the Bank remains competitive in the North Oaks market.
- Leadership, Management & Accountability (LMA): Leads, manages and holds staff accountable for achieving agreed-upon commitments and demonstrating a One Team mentality. Dependably demonstrates a relentless obsession with values alignment, customer service, focus, simplicity and clarity. Maintains a strong leadership presence, motivating and developing staff, building commitment to the Bank’s priorities and direction.
- Collaboration: Develops relationships within and across the team and markets to collaboratively identify and pursue opportunities to cross-sell products and services. Gathers feedback and responds constructively to opportunities to enhance client service and products. Collaborates with other markets and Operations on new business products and services. Partners with the Experience Team to develop materials to support enhancements.
- Relationship Management: While developing Treasury and deposit sales is first priority, the SVP Treasury Management manages a select portfolio of clients and prospects. Responsible for the management of that portfolio through the delivery of exceptional client service.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time without notice.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to type, carry, handle and feel objects, reach with hands and arms, talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and more with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception in the window environment and the ability to adjust focus.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Local travel is expected for this position
*The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Expectations, Skills & Qualifications:
- A role model for our core values: Do the Right Thing, Get Stuff Done, (G.S.D.) One Team, and Give Generously
- Demonstrated commitment to timely, defect free and caring customer service
- A professional who builds solid relationships based on integrity and trust
- Able to hold others accountable for their actions
- Self-motivated and persistent in following through
- Knowledgeable of bank policies, procedures, and regulations
- Able to perform at a high level in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible to change in a growing organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated collaborative work style and respect for others
- Demonstrated self-motivation and resourceful work ethic
- Is accountable for demonstrating compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act, Privacy of Consumer Financial Information and all other federal and state rules and regulations as it pertains to their position at the bank.
Education & Experience:
A Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis on business, finance, or accounting; minimum of 7-10 years’ experience in banking (Treasury/Cash Management Sales) or equivalent combination of education and experience.