1. Implements, coordinates and maintains HR responsibilities in a manner that upholds Edgar Snyder & Associates’ (ESA) mission and core values.
2. Coordinates payroll processing, including employee notification, verifying and updating entries for accuracy and finalizing for approval by HR Manager. Implements and maintains procedures for accurate and efficient processing.
3. Assists with benefits administration. Uploads changes, assists with reporting, manages documentation and files, serves as a resource to employees and assists in coordinating Open Enrollment.
4. Assists with tracking requirements for leaves of absence (LOAs). Manages documentation and files.
5. Assists with recruitment efforts including job posting, applicant tracking and communication, scheduling, and new employee on-boarding.
6. Maintains organization charts, employee directories and other employee data-bases.
7. Assists with recognition programs, team building events and other activities to enhance the desired corporate culture and increase employee engagement.
8. Assists with employee file maintenance.
9. Provides intranet updates, supports ESA meetings and other communication processes.
10. Reconciles benefits statements.
11. Provides reports, tracks internal metrics and other key data components.
12. Maintains HRIS entries and ensures that all employee data is accurately and timely updated.
Minimum of 1-2 years HR experience preferred.
Bachelor’s Degree in human resources, business or related field and/or equivalent experience.
Experience in a law firm preferred.
PHR or SPHR certification and/or SHRM’s CP/SCP certification a plus.
• Excellent knowledge of applicable laws and regulations related to HR, compliance, benefits, compensation, hiring, reporting and other HR-related requirements.
• Treats people with respect. Keeps commitments. Inspires the trust of others. Works with integrity and ethically. Upholds organizational values. Personally champions and ensures adherence to company policies and procedures.
• Detail-oriented, organized, motivated, meticulous, practical & flexible. Able to effectively handle multiple and shifting priorities and maintain professional composure.
• Able to work in a fast-paced, high energy and team-oriented environment. Able to produce high quality work under pressure and within tight deadlines.
• A resourceful self-starter who takes initiative to quickly assimilate and apply new knowledge.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills. Able to effectively communicate information.
• Excellent interpersonal skills; able to develop relationships with coworkers, customers and colleagues. Builds trust, honors commitments and treats all with respect. Uses those skills to accurately accomplish tasks by the deadlines.
• Able to work independently and as part of a team. Able to resolve issues, manage conflict and be a problem solver. Able to reach consensus and achieve team goals. Strong interviewing and personnel assessment skills.
• Demonstrates strong sense of customer service. Able to promote a collaborative and productive work culture. Exhibits behavior consistent with the ESA's core values.
• Advanced computer skills including MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point), Internet, e-mail, database management and scheduling software programs. Must also exhibit strong HRIS acumen.