Paradigm is an accountable care management organization focused on improving the lives of people with complex and catastrophic injuries and diagnoses. We have been a pioneer in value-based care since 1991, offering deep clinical expertise, high-value specialty networks, behavioral health support, payment integrity solutions, and robust data analytics to generate the very best outcomes for patients, payers, and providers.
Paradigm is headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, with offices across the U.S. For more information, please visit www.paradigmcorp.com.
We are seeking a Vocational Case Manager (VCM) to cover the greater Seattle area. This individual assists individuals with the job/career related effects of physical, psychological, or cognitive impairments/disabilities which may have resulted from accidents, illnesses, or injuries. The VCM follows a vocational rehabilitation process to assist these individuals to overcome barriers to accessing, maintaining, or returning successfully within their local labor markets and workforce.
- Enjoy a robust support system - spend more time with injured workers and less time on administrative tasks.
- Utilize custom software for a seamless and straightforward case management process.
- Enjoy an award-winning culture with the stability and opportunity of a national company. Paradigm Complex Care Solutions routinely wins Top Workplace and Best and Brightest Companies awards.
- Autonomy to manage your own schedule.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Schedule appointments and meet with client (injured worker), family, insurance adjuster, medical providers, employer, attorney, vendors, and potential future employers as needed and determined.
- Assist and coordinate with return to work planning which may include completing job descriptions or job analysis, assessing job modifications, and identifying suitable gainful employment opportunities.
- Coordinate with treatment providers to identify physical capabilities and return to work readiness.
- May monitor return to work progress to ensure successful return to work outcome.
- Complete Vocational Assessments by gathering and analyzing medical, social, economic, education, employment history, work capabilities, transferable skills, and labor market information.
- Develops knowledge of current job market to identify alternative placements.
- Complete vocational testing, score testing and interpret results.
- Develop Rehabilitation Plan/Case Management Plan specific to client for success in overcoming barriers and re-entry to the workforce.
- Complete Labor market surveys.
- Provide job-seeking skill training and coaching including resume development and interview training.
- Provide job development and job placement services.
- May provide loss of earning | wage loss opinions.
- May provide expert testimony.
- May identify and place client in transitional work opportunities.
- Provide ongoing support and counseling to the client.
- Maintains required timely communication and updates to all required parties involved with the client providing progress, status, barriers, and action plans.
- Complete forms according to jurisdictional and/or industry requirements and follows.
- Required to prepare organized reports within a specified timeframe, per account guidelines documenting activities, efforts, and progress.
- Document all case activity in files.
- Complete ongoing educational requirements as required by certifying bodies.
- Attend staff meetings and/or team calls.