Come Smile with Us!
Delta Dental of Iowa invites candidates for Member and Provider Services Supervisor to lead the day-to-day operations of the call center staff focused on government programs within Member and Provider Services and mailroom operations. You will conduct interactions with providers and covered members regarding benefit clarifications, claim resolution, and general information regarding products and services. You will serve as back-up to other supervisors within team as needed. This is an opportunity to foster a high performance culture with emphasis on continual process improvement and achieving or surpassing performance objectives for internal and external stakeholders.
Delta Dental of Iowa provides dental and vision insurance to more than 1.2 million Iowans. As a not-for-profit insurance company, our mission is to improve the health and smiles of the people we serve. We give back to Iowa communities by supporting and funding health and wellness initiatives that make a measurable difference in the overall health of underserved Iowans. Come see why we are passionate about "Bringing Smiles" to our customers. Our team enjoys competitive pay and benefits, an awesome "One Team" approach, and a company culture that fosters "Exceptional Quality Service" and "Leadership at All Levels." Love where you work!
Essential Functions and Principal Accountabilities:
- Lead staff and work processes to ensure individual goals of the staff, team, and department are met in support of corporate objectives.
- Monitor changes to schedules of staff including documenting and communicating all scheduled/unscheduled occurrences to the team. Address any performance issues in regard to schedule adherence and expectations.
- Perform monthly staff quality reviews. Coach staff members and the team related to performance results, including but not limited to quality assurance results for phone etiquette, claim processing, and overall goals.
- Hire, train, develop, and lead a team of employees who are highly motivated and focused on timely and high quality results for stakeholders.
- Track and monitor daily workload to ensure customers, stakeholders and internal operations expectations are met.
- Communicate departmental information so that staff and department leadership remain informed of current issues, announcements, and changes to our processes or products.
- Manage metrics such as wait times, call volumes, and claim backlogs to ensure high quality standards for stakeholders are met or exceeded.
- Become subject matter expert for team’s area of focus.
- Assist in resolving claim problems and call escalations as needed.
- Create a team environment that generates innovation and empowerment by cross-training staff in all aspects of claims/customer service.
- Represent company in a highly energized, positive, professional and effective manner at all times.
- Establishing and maintaining a positive team working relationship with all co-workers and internal and external stakeholders.
- Recommend and actively participate in implementing process improvements
- Adhere to processing standards related to quality, documentation and turnaround time.
- Comply with the policy and procedures at all times, including the DDPA standards as applicable.
- Maintain strict confidentiality; adherence to all HIPAA laws is required at all times.
- Lead and/or participate in special projects on time and with high quality. May include assisting with requirements, perform testing, documentation, training.
- Dependability in attendance and punctuality required.
- Job requires confidentiality with regard to information acquired in carrying out the job functions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or three to five years applicable experience in a customer service environment. Previous supervisory and/or leadership experience managing to production and quality objectives strongly preferred. Previous experience in an ACD Call Center environment preferred.
- Knowledge of insurance reimbursement practices, i.e. processing claims, processing policies, deductibles, maximums, Coordination of benefits (COB) and dental terminology preferred.
- Ability to develop and motivate staff to achieve departmental objectives and in a positive, team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders in an effective and positive manner.
- Demonstrated competency in computer skills, including Microsoft Excel and Word, as well as other software as required.
- Ability to analyze information and make independent decisions.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to complete assigned tasks and achieve goals.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, organize and function effectively with multiple tasks/assignments.
- Ability to meet with stakeholders and respond to their questions and concerns in a professional manner.
- Competency in basic math skills.
Delta Dental of Iowa is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons without unlawful regard of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, individuals with disabilities, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
EEOC Poster Supplement