Our San Luis Obispo office is currently looking for a full-time Payroll Specialist to join our Accounting department. The Payroll Specialist will be responsible for payroll processing, wage and hour compliance, and payroll reporting in compliance with state and federal law. We’re eager to learn more about your qualifications and interest in joining our team.
This position is expected to:
• Process semi-monthly payroll for exempt and non-exempt employees.
• Process prevailing wage payroll and related compliance paperwork.
• Review timecards for accuracy and required approvals.
• Keep up to date on all payroll laws, including prevailing wage.
• Keep up to date on all RRM policies that concern payroll and timekeeping.
• Reconcile Payroll with Quarterly and Yearly tax filings including W2s.
• Assist with all 401(k) and worker compensation audits.
• Responsible for payroll reporting in compliance with state and federal laws.
• A/P & A/R and other accounting work as assigned by Controller.
RRM Design Group is a 100% employee-owned multi-discipline design firm with a full spectrum of services including architecture, landscape architecture, planning, civil and structural engineering, and surveying. Our offices are located along the California coast from Orange County to the Bay Area. Our professionals work on engaging projects in several diverse markets throughout the state.
Employee ownership brings with it a vested interest in creating and providing equitable opportunities and career paths for our employees. We seek to attract, develop, and retain a talented and dedicated workforce where people of diverse races, genders, religions, cultures, political affiliations, and lifestyles thrive. Our goal is to create a welcoming and inclusive environment that empowers our employees to provide the highest level of service to our communities. Ensuring the health and happiness of our RRM family is paramount to how we run our business. In addition to the employee stock ownership program, RRM offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including full medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) with an Employer Match.
RRM Design Group is an equal opportunity employer and strives to attract qualified applicants from all walks of life without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental ability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state and/or local law. We aim to create an environment that celebrates and embraces the diversity of our workforce. We invite you to join our team!