Project Start Date:4.10.21
Project End Date: 4.25.21
Project Work Schedule: Saturday / Sunday 12 – 5 PM
Work Site: Fleischmann Gardens,
Studio Site: Solway Studio
CCHMC and ArtWorks are partnering in a “Fountain of Life” engagement at Children’s Hospital. Selected in-house population and inpatient (age 10 and above) will create individual paintings that will be incorporated onto the mural previously painted. This remote activity will be facilitated by hospital staff. Completed paintings will be collected by ArtWorks to be added by Youth Apprentices onto the “Fountain of Life” mural.
ArtWorks is looking to hire youth apprentices to complete this work on three weekends (April 10/11, April 17/18, and April 24/25) at Solway Studio. Utilizing the paintings collected from Children’s Hospital, the Youth Apprentices will collage the created paintings onto the “The Fountain of Life Mural”, completing the final phase of this project.
ArtWorks is an award-winning Greater Cincinnati nonprofit that transforms people and places through investments in creativity. The organization creates jobs for youth, ages 14-21 with the majority from underserved households, providing competitive 21st-century career-readiness skills through mentorship by professional artists. Since 1996, ArtWorks has employed more than 3,750 youth and 3,300 creative professionals, and the organization has completed more than 12,500 public and private art projects that include 200 permanent outdoor murals, contributing to the region’s global reputation as an arts destination.
• Must be at least 14 years old and no older than 21 years by the project start date.
The successful candidate will be
• A team-player, hard-working and an independent achiever with a “can do” attitude, must be comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
• Inquisitive and imaginative.
• Ready and willing to learn from and work with professional artists.
How to Apply
• Prepare your application. You will be asked to upload several documents in the application portal. Please review the items below and take time to prepare in advance of starting your application.
• Items needed in your application:
1. Personal Essay or Cover Letter (Download PDF directions )
2. Art Samples (2 pieces) (Download PDF directions )
3. Resume (optional) (Visit this website for help with creating a resume )
Application Deadline: Sunday, March 14, 2021
ArtWorks is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are strongly committed to building and retaining a diverse staff that creates an inclusive workplace which harnesses each voice to collectively advance ArtWorks’ mission.