The Bizzell Group, one of the fastest-growing companies in America, is seeking a Health Scientist to provide scientific expertise in the coordinating, planning, implementing, and evaluating of scientific program activities to ensure that efforts in assigned program areas are meeting the needs of the public and satisfy the goals and objectives of the program. The Health Scientist’s primary area of focus will be in COVID-19 mitigation and ensuring the continuity of health programming in the “post-COVID” era.
- Develop an annual work plan in support of infectious disease surveillance and epidemiologic capacity in the region with a particular focus on COVID-19 related needs
- Identify and analyze public health issues and their impact on scientific operations that are critical to the public health community-at-large
- Provide subject matter expertise on infectious disease clinical management, as it relates to the planning and implementation of culturally appropriate health interventions in the region
- Conduct research literature searches and reviews in the scientific priority areas of CDC-CAR
- Identify and analyze existing data sources
- Interpret data and propose practices and policies to promote health
- Collaborate with CDC-CAR, implementing partners, MoH, and other regional entities to manage CDC-CAR COVID-19, infectious disease, and other febrile illness projects in the region
- Assess the appropriateness of study, survey, and project approaches and results to enhance reproducibility and scientific integrity for target populations
- Coordinate efforts as appropriate with program staff at the CDC-CAR office
- Develop strategies and work plans for long-term follow-up and sustainability to monitor the performance of testing sites and to document best practices
- Evaluate proposed or continuing work against specified goals and objectives and provide both technical and administrative advice and recommendations for improvement
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Experience working with a wide range of government and private organizations
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and apply guidelines
- Ability to assess program effectiveness, and analyze and resolve unusual issues or problems
- Fluency in writing, speaking and reading English and Spanish (Level III)
- Experience preparing and facilitating trainings for in-service public health workforce development initiatives
- Experience coordinating multi-agency public health programs at regional, national, subnational, health zone, and community levels
- Ability to effectively conduct communication and advocacy in public health evident by prior publications
- Must possess a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree with major study in an academic field related to the medical field, health sciences. Masters + 10 years; or Ph.D. preferred
- At least 3-5 years of experience working in the field as a practicing health scientist or/and epidemiologist
- Knowledge of World Health Organization (WHO) standards and policies, such as Integrated Disease Surveillance and Response (IDSR) Strategy and International Health Regulations
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the functionality of surveillance systems at national, sub-national, health zone, and community levels of health systems in-country
The Bizzell Group, LLC offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Professional Development & Learning Opportunities.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
The Bizzell Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. That does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive, and respectful work culture that values all.