Come create an outstanding customer experience while working a a renowned UNESCO World Heritage Site and National Historic Landmark! The Sales Associate position at the Frank Lloyd Wright Store at Taliesin West is responsible for executing in-store and on-line operations ensuring an outstanding customer experience. In this part-time role within a museum type setting, duties include operating a POS system that includes contactless payments and emailed receipts, reconciling end-of-day financials efficiently and accurately, processing on-line sales including packing and shipping merchandise, receiving incoming merchandise into our POS inventory system, maintaining merchandising standards on the sales floor, educating customers on our unique selection of merchandise that is both in-store and available on-line and for drop-ship, be comfortable making design recommendations while assisting customers with special orders and drop-ship orders. As a key member of a team dedicated to ensuring that every guest to Taliesin West is engaged and feels welcome, the Sales Associate often creates relationships beyond the episodic, transactional nature of store sales; as such, the incumbent demonstrates an inviting, enthusiastic, approachable demeanor.
• Create an outstanding buying experience for each customer served.
• Provide a superior level of customer service including greeting and handling inquiries from customers.
• Ensure proper product knowledge including knowledge of Frank Lloyd Wright and the Foundation.
• Demonstrate ability to learn and use POS system that is designed for advanced social distancing technology to process customer purchases, returns, availability inquiries, and payment receipts.
• Ensure adequate stock levels are maintained on sales floor, organize, restock, and straighten up store to strict merchandising standards.
• Perform tasks such as extensive disinfecting including bathrooms, cleaning of shelves and glass display cases and other organizing or cleaning tasks to ensure the space is safe and presentable for operation.
• Perform opening or closing duties as assigned, which includes opening and closing POS with accurate and efficient reconciliation.
• Process on-line orders including the packing and shipping of merchandise.
• Receive incoming merchandise into POS system to ensure accurate inventory levels and vendor payments.
• Maintain positive working relationships with a diverse population.
• Ensure that all company policies, standards, and procedures are consistently followed and that the store embodies the Foundation's Mission, Vision and Values.
• Other duties as assigned.
• 1-2 years of experience in a retail sales environment or similar fast paced, customer-service-oriented environment.
• Technical skills to operate modern POS system and on-line sales and shipping platforms.
• Outstanding people skills, positive attitude and professional yet approachable demeanor that supports "service with a smile!"
• Knowledge of art, design, fashion, museum stores preferred; awareness of local environment as often acquired through Arizona residency and tourism a plus. Demonstrative enthusiasm for Frank Lloyd Wright and/or the field of architecture also preferred.
• Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills with the ability to turn challenges into opportunities.
• Strong interpersonal skills and experience building positive working relationships.
• Ability to work assigned schedule up to 25 hours a week which includes weekends and some evenings and to adhere to attendance requirements.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
• Physical Demands: While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand in one place for up to 4-hours and maintain physical stamina while walking; occasionally sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and consistently talk or hear; and rarely taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift or move merchandise up to 15 pounds and rarely lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
• Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• OSHA Risk Classification for COVID-19 Exposure: Medium Risk: This position requires frequent/close contact with the public and other co-workers and is therefore determined to fall within the Medium Risk category as defined by OSHA. To further minimize risk, employees are required to follow the Foundation's Safe and Healthy Workplace guidelines and related personal and facility infection control policies.
The Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.