Weavers Way Co-op is looking for an energetic, creative, and experienced individual to work in our Bulk Bulker for our Mt. Airy location. This is a full-time position requiring scheduling flexibility and some weekend hours.
Bulk Buyer Responsibilities Include:
Product: Bulk set includes grains, beans, coffee, dried fruit, granolas & cereals, snacks, oils, nut butters, kombucha, etc.
- Research, purchase, price, display, account for, and otherwise find and sell products in line with our standards and which will achieve sales, margin, and member and shopper satisfaction goals.
- Find trustworthy vendors and maintain good relationships.
- Stay educated about products
- Communicate with shoppers regarding the use and value of products and vendors and ingredients. Ensure the department is merchandised in accordance with the needs of the community; maintain shelf allocations to ensure the availability of products at all times.
- Train staff in relation to ordering and stocking bulk set and on bulk item knowledge and usage
- Act as a role model for staff through professional conduct.
- Ensure customers have enjoyable and satisfactory shopping experiences and positive general interactions with staff and co-op as a whole.
- Communicate and educate customers through a variety of means about our products and our product philosophy including in-person interactions, signs, displays, The Shuttle, e-news, web site, social media, events, and other mechanisms as appropriate.
- Seek, incorporate, and respond to customer feedback regarding products and services.
- Fiscal Responsibility:
- Ensure Weavers Way money is spent as appropriate and as planned for purchases, payroll, and expenses related to operating the department.
- Manage product handling, ordering, receiving, inventory levels, category management, and pricing so as to achieve sales, cost, income, and other goals as set by management.
- Review reports that illustrate financial performance, take actions as appropriate.
- Implement promotional programs, merchandising, and pricing plans in coordination with WW Marketing Department.
- Participate and cooperate with any NCG and/or vendor-based marketing programs.
- Arrange for product samplings and demos.
- Write articles for WW media to educate members/community on related topics.
- Work with the Marketing department to create signage highlighting producers, and informational tools for shoppers and staff.
- Ensure day-to-day department appearance meets or exceeds standards.
Maintain working knowledge of margin reports, weekly sales numbers, and related financial and customer service measures.
Understand and comply with all specific store procedures and practices.
Utilize specified communication mechanisms for corporate and job-related information sharing.
Other related duties as assigned.
At all times follow security procedures for handling cash and the drawers, transfers, and potential shoplifters
Founded in 1973, Weavers Way is a community-owned natural grocer with stores in Mt. Airy, Chestnut Hill, and Ambler. In addition to our stores, we run a market farm in the Awbury Arboretum, a CSA farm partnership with Saul High School, our own community newspaper, and a non-profit which emphasizes food and nutrition education. We operate based on a triple bottom line philosophy that considers our community and environment in all of our decisions. We have an excellent benefits package, including medical and dental insurance, paid vacation and sick time, retirement planning, and an employee discount.
Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., receiving orders, stocking and facing products, and the ability to adapt to change quickly and multitask. Prior grocery retail experience is a plus. Customer service is our top priority, so you must be comfortable engaging and assisting shoppers