If you value the importance of partnering with parents, and working together with staff and community to support children’s readiness for school and life success, and ultimately having a positive impact on communities this may be the job for you.
• Develop policy/procedures to ensure programing meets regulatory requirements and supports provision of quality child development services.
• Support Site Team Leaders and other managers as needed in their supervision of direct service staff with implementation of child development services.
• Work with Site Team Leaders to support coach in prioritizing work with Head Start teachers.
• Provide support to Site Team Leaders and direct service staff with IFSP, IEP and ISP development, implementation, record keeping as needed, and share data with appropriate stakeholders.
• Provide support to Site Team Leaders and direct service staff for children with challenging behaviors and meet/talk with parents as needed.
• Develop and/or oversee data collection methods and analysis for program Child Development services, working closely with the EHS Child Development Manager for EHS data.
• Develop and work with Site Team Leaders, the EHS Child Development Manager and other professionals to plan and facilitate training to direct service staff.
• Provide oversight of regulatory requirements and ongoing monitoring of HS child development services, including record keeping reporting of continuous quality improvement efforts.
• Facilitate onboarding for new staff according to agency onboarding plan.
• Provide input into development, monitoring of and oversight of HS budget.
• Provide development and oversight of Memorandum of Understanding agreements and HS contracts.
• Supervise Site Team Leaders including observations, annual appraisal and professional development plan.
• Supervise, complete observations and support work of the HS Instructional Coach.
• Provide oversight and facilitation of appropriate committees.
• Participate in cross training and succession planning for HS child development services.
• Provide support and opportunities for reflection for Site Team Leaders and Instructional Coach.
• Oversee activities, wellness and reflective practices of the Mental Health Consultant.
• Use data to work with stakeholders to assess and improve program child development services, including development of goals, objectives and action plans.
• Develop orientation and onboarding plans and ensure all tools for implementing are developed and available.
• Collaborate with Early Head Start Child Development Manager, and management team in development of policy and systems to ensure seamless provision of all services for Head Start and Early Head Start families.
• Present outcomes and other pertinent information to Policy Council and Board of Directors as requested.
• Represent RWCFS on pertinent community committees as schedule/job duties allow.
• Provide input into program design and other program-wide decision making.
• Process and submit assigned operations paperwork, e.g., time sheets
• Sub in classroom per on-call list /schedule.
• Occasionally participate in night and weekend activities pertinent to job duties.
• Support culture of safety.
• Support recruitment of program participants.
• Attend Operations meetings and CFP meetings needed and appropriate.
Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education (Pre-K) or a Bachelor’s degree or higher that includes coursework equivalent to a major in Early Childhood Education. Transcripts are required to validate educational requirements.
Employee must be 18 years of age or older.
Must have or be able to obtain CPR and First Aid certificates.
Ability to learn how to effectively use data management programs.
Required excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
Ability to maintain good attendance.
Minimum of three years supervisory experience.
Ability to operate a variety of office machines, such as computer, keyboard, coper, FAX machine, computer printer, etc.
Proficient in Microsoft Office.
It is desirable for the employee to be fluent in English and Spanish.