The Virginia Outdoors Foundation (VOF) is seeking a Contracting Specialist, who will provide leadership and purchasing support to the Virginia Outdoors Foundation (VOF), a public body of the Commonwealth of Virginia, with minimal supervision, while complying with the Virginia Public Procurement Act (VPPA) and the VOF purchasing policies and procedures. This position will report to the Deputy Director-Administration. Some travel may be required for meetings or to work with staff for complex requirements or other issues as well as to conduct training.
The position may work remotely from anywhere in the state of Virginia or out of the VOF office in Blacksburg (900 S. Main Street).
Telework during the pandemic is a condition of employment for this position. After the pandemic, the employee may be required to work a schedule that is a combination of telework and in-office and may be required to share office workspaces.
Minimum starting salary at 32 hours a week is $50,000 with benefits including health, vision, dental, 401k, STD/LTD, FSA, life insurance, and a generous PTO plan. Alternatively, the successful candidate could work part-time hourly with limited benefits, hourly rate $32-$36. Approximately 20% statewide travel will be required. EEO/AA. The position closes 3.12.2021.
• Update the VOF purchasing policies and procedures to keep current with changes to the VPPA and internal best practices.
• Develop internal policies and procedures to facilitate the participation of small businesses, businesses owned by women, minorities and service-disabled veterans, and employment services organizations in procurement transactions (VPPA § 2.2-4310.B).
• Process all purchase requests to be submitted via eVA and ensure all applicable approvals have been obtained.
• Monitor over the counter (OTC) purchase requests for payment via a charge card; review and approve/disapprove all such transactions to ensure compliance with applicable internal policy.
• Utilize procurement tools in eVA, such as Quick Quote, to solicit competition up to the established small dollar limit or purchase from established state contracts using the eVA e-Mall or Punch-Out Catalogs.
• Capture all purchase transactions in eVA, including confirming orders, except OTC charge card purchases.
• Post all written solicitations and applicable sole source or emergency purchases using the Virginia Business Opportunity (VBO) link in eVA.
• Review all customer generated specifications, scopes of work and statement of needs and revise as applicable; draft all solicitations (independently or in conjunction with the customer) and select the applicable method of procurement.
• Conduct all pre-bid/proposal conferences and chair all proposal evaluation committees. The buyer will also participate in or handle all negotiation strategies and monitor negotiations if handled by other staff.
• Manage all VOF awarded term contracts and will assign a contract administrator for service type contracts to monitor and report any contract issues.
Cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references required as part of application.
Reasonable Accommodation: During the selection process, applicants with disabilities may request reasonable accommodation.
Interviews may be conducted virtually or in person with masks and distance.
The Virginia Outdoors Foundation does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, or disability.
Questions or requests related to the position can be emailed to the Human Resources Manager, Sara Brooks at email@example.com.
The position closes 3.12.2021.