The primary responsibility of this position is to develop and implement a comprehensive information management, data analysis and performance management system for Detroit at Work programs serving adults and older youth. The Manager will oversee a team responsible for the following major activities: 1) perform system administration functions for Launchpad; 2) train contractor staff to utilize Detroit at Work case management systems (including systems required by funding sources); 3) produce monthly, quarterly and other reports that outline or analyze progress towards achieving system-wide, program and contract goals and promote continuous improvement efforts; and 4) establish goals, standards, definitions and workflows for tracking data related to customer activity and outcomes. Overall, the role of the Manager of Data Analytics is to build the capacity of Detroit at Work internal and contractor staff to input data effectively and accurately into the information management system(s) and to interpret data to inform continuous improvement efforts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
System Administration & Development
• Serve as primary point of contact with Launchpad after the system is fully developed. Negotiate terms of scope of service and contract modifications and provide overall contract management. Serve as liaison for Launchpad system maintenance and enhancement efforts and support Detroit at Work system in preparing for and adapting to changes.
• Lead an internal governance committee that evaluates ongoing development needs, opportunities and challenges related to information management:
o Identify and resolve system issues and problems (technical and otherwise);
o Develop and refine ongoing customer support strategy;
o Identify best practices and other opportunities to leverage Launchpad;
o Evaluate potential enhancement and change requests for advancement to Launchpad; and
o Provide guidance and input related to the ongoing development of the Launchpad strategic road map.
• Oversee system administration - manage staff who perform software development and API functions for Launchpad and related programmatic information management or service delivery systems and tools.
• Oversee the establishment and execution of a strategy for monitoring data quality and integrity.
• Support team to establish data definitions, workflows, and other procedures for the recording of job seeker and employer activities and outcomes.
• Oversee development of training materials and implementation of training plan for internal and contractor staff. Develop and implement a strategy for ongoing training and support.
• Support team to perform data validation functions, identifying discrepancies between data entered into Launchpad, OSMIS, other funder systems and/or case files. Provide feedback to providers to improve the quality of data entry and documentation.
• Support team to perform quality assurance functions for data entered into OSMIS; closely monitor enrollments, services and exits in WIOA, Wagner Peyser, TAA, FAE&T, PATH and other programs to identify and summarize performance trends; identify potential performance and compliance issues related to inaccurate or untimely data entry; produce reports on a regularly basis for program managers to enable them to manage contractor performance and compliance.
• Support team to respond to and resolve Detroit at Work internal and contractor staff questions and requests related to OSMIS and Launchpad.
• Maintain an understanding of federal, state and local policies that might impact reporting requirements for workforce development activities.
• Prepare presentations, memos, etc., to communicate research findings, analysis, and recommendations, and to build partner support for agreed upon strategies.
Data Analytics & Performance Management
• Support team to analyze grant and funder reporting requirements in partnership with other DESC staff to ensure that DESC’s local case management system adequately tracks activities and can produce reports to satisfy funder requirements.
• Establish and continually refine format and scope of monthly and quarterly dashboards that are used to inform program managers, DESC executive leadership and Board members about Detroit at Work activities, grant and contractor performance, and progress towards achieving system-wide goals and strategies.
• Support leadership in coordinating with third-party evaluation partners to better understand the impact of Detroit at Work interventions.
• Collaborate with private, non-profit, and governmental partners on research and evaluation activities, as needed. Create data sharing agreements where appropriate.
• Provide excellent customer service to Detroit at Work internal and contractor staff.
• Exhibit professionalism, diplomacy, and ability to appropriately interact with Board members, staff, participants, and local stakeholders while maintaining working relationships in all aspects.
• Represent DESC at various meetings and conferences.
• Support other DESC programs and team members as necessary.
• Perform related duties as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Data Analysis & System Development:
• Excellent skills in analyzing and interpreting complex and interrelated data and statistics from widely dispersed sources.
• Ability to draw insightful conclusions from large amounts of quantitative and qualitative data and the ability to manage large datasets using Excel and other database and statistical software.
• Knowledge of statistical analysis methods and techniques. Demonstrated experience with advanced statistical analysis, including regression techniques and econometric modeling, a plus.
• Basic knowledge of research theories, objectives and methods.
• Sufficient understanding of database systems to enable effective management of software developer and database administrator staff.
• Knowledge of federal, state and local funding streams managed by DESC strongly desired.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Demonstrated ability to directly manage and support staff and support cross-functional teams.
• Strong project management and strategic thinking skills.
• Skilled in translating technical information to varied audiences verbally and in writing.
• Ability to be proactive, take calculated risks and make difficult decisions, despite ambiguity or adversity.
• Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Adobe PDF and demonstrated skills in database management and record keeping.
• Must be discrete and professional, particularly when handling confidential information.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in statistics, computer science, applied math, education, administration, or related field. Master’s Degree preferred. Must have at least 5 years of relevant professional experience or ability to demonstrate equivalent knowledge and competencies gained from a combination of education, professional and other experience. Previous experience managing teams strongly preferred.
Valid State of Michigan Driver’s License – Position requires field work.
Background check and drug screen required.