Ackermann Group specializes in managing a regional network of multi-family Communities ranging in size, style, price point, and amenities. We believe that if people work together they will succeed. We operate all of our properties within 150 miles of our corporate headquarters in Cincinnati, Ohio with regional hubs in Cincinnati, Columbus, Dayton, Indianapolis and Northern Kentucky. Our company offers an environment of collaboration and we support the activities of each region while encouraging each management team to take responsibility for the success of their portfolio.
The Regional Property Manager is a multi-faceted leader who oversees several on-site management teams throughout a specific portfolio of real estate. Candidates must possess a proven track record of successful regional property management experience and knowledge of property maintenance, property marketing, and Fair Housing. Must have the ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing and possess a strong supervisory, personnel management, and organizational skills. Provide the ability to delegate and communicate property management methods along with the ability to problem-solve issues.
Specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Oversee the entire assigned portfolio ensuring that building operations are fiscally sound and achieving the financial performance goals, and the properties are well managed and maintained.
- Drive revenue with thorough understanding and analysis of competition and development of creative marketing programs
- Implement and drive comprehensive lease-up plan
- Develop and implement new strategies and programs designed to ensure long-term residency
- Gather, analyze, and interpret current market and economic trends that may impact the property and implement short- and long-range marketing and leasing strategies to achieve the property’s occupancy and revenue goals.
- Manage, maintain, and expand current relationships while seeking new business
- Identify areas for improvement and offer suggestions to improve the efficiency, productivity, and profitability of the property.
- Review marketing and sales activity to develop sales/growth strategies with property staff
- Support on-site property manager in promoting positive resident and community relations
- Manage and direct the Property Management and Resident Services staff which includes hiring, supervising, coaching, and professional development.
- Keep abreast of new trends and changes in the industry and area(s) of responsibility by attending internal and external training classes, apartment association meetings, and other events, and accessing other information sources
- Prepare, analyze, interpret, and summarize, property operating budgets, budget variance reports, occupancy reports, financial statements, and advise VP as needed.
- Develop and ensure that policies and procedures in place are followed and that they promote and maintain positive relations with residents and community representatives.
- Work collaboratively with the VP and Asset Manager to prepare annual operating and capital improvement budgets that preserve the long-term objectives of ownership. Ensure timely completion of capital projects.