To be a positive role model while developing leadership skills, outdoor survivor skills, and spiritual/emotional maturity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Set up and tear down activities.
- Meal preparation and assist with cooking.
- Teach and guide campers through; Backpack Preparation, Shelter Building, Fire Building & Control Management.
- Keep the campsite organized, clean, and orderly.
- Participation in all aspects of the program.
- Must be 15-17 years of age.
- Have attended at least one adventure camp week.
- Demonstrates a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ, exercising personal faith through consistent daily living in accordance with God’s Word.
- Must possess interpersonal skills such as are required to maintain positive relations with both staff and other campers.
- Must be able to hike with a backpack into the remote areas of the surrounding wilderness.
- Must be teachable, and have a willingness to learn.
- Able to carry and lift 50 pounds of weight.