The role of the Buyer is to facilitate the acquisition of assigned materials, consumables and services as required by the company. This role will support the continued operation of the company’s manufacturing of the best available dietary supplements in the industry.
• Manage orders, including processing purchase requisition for raw material, MRO products and services, verify availability, confirm delivery dates and prioritize, schedule and expedite delivery of materials to meet target dates. Anticipate potential risks, identify actual delivery challenges, and take proactive steps to inform all stakeholders of issues and proposed resolutions.
• Obtain quotes, samples and documents needed for both the raw material qualification and vendor certification process, include initiating both raw material and vendor account set up.
• Ensure data integrity and obtain required documentation for material as specified by Product Development, Finance and the Quality Control department (CoA, Invoices, BOL, Packing List, SDS, etc.).
• Communicate and engage with suppliers on a regular basis to establish rapport and ensure understanding and compliance of company policies, expectations, procedures, and other matters related to doing business with Deerland Probiotics and Enzymes.
• Maintain, review and analyze vendor scorecard on a monthly basis and prepare quarterly vendor reports detailing supplier performance regarding service and quality.
• Execute on assigned goals, including annual cost savings and continuous improvement projects that will contribute to both departmental and corporate goals.
• Provide cross-functional support: Assist with sourcing working in close collaboration with R&D, Product Development, Planning, Quality and other functions to ensure needs are understood and met.
• Assist with project management by ensuring all action-items are accomplished timely and accurately.
• Other related duties assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree is required
• 2-5 years procurement experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment (nutraceutical or food industry preferred) is required
• Strong communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, organization, time management and data entry skills with a strong work ethic, drive to excel and succeed and ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
• Proficient computer skills, i.e. Microsoft Office are required and familiarity with ERP system and knowledge of relevant markets and industries is preferred
• The ideal candidate will be able to facilitate both a tactical and strategic role while focusing on departmental goals and objectives, with emphasis on both direct and indirect procurement portfolio.