SynTerra is looking for talented mid-level civil engineering professionals who can work in a collaborative team environment, balance multiple projects, communicate improvements effectively, negotiate changes and schedules, and exhibit the SynTerra “we own it” approach to business. SynTerra is an employee-owned company located in two beautiful, bustling cities: downtown Greenville, South Carolina, and Charlotte, North Carolina. We are a science and engineering consulting firm that serves clients throughout the Southeast. We are celebrating our 25th year in business.
Our Civil Engineering group provides services for civil site design and land planning, industrial projects, commercial projects, multifamily projects, and landfills.
Successful employees at SynTerra work independently on specific tasks and in collaboration with clients and other engineering and environmental professionals to achieve project goals and meet client expectations.
• Proficiency with AutoCAD and AutoCAD Civil 3D
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook)
• 2-5 years of experience with civil engineering site design and land planning
• Experience with erosion and sediment control plans, specifications, and permits
• Experience with storm water management and conveyance
• Familiarity with National Wetlands Inventory and floodplain mapping
• Has passed the F.E. exam and is working toward Professional Engineer (P.E.) certification
Additional proficiencies in the following are preferred:
• Experience with geotechnical engineering reporting and evaluations
• Geographic Information Services (GIS) mapping
• Google Earth and/or similar Earth Imagery software
• SiteOps and/or similar civil design modeling software
• SketchUp and/or similar 3D modeling software
More than a job:
We are looking for intelligent, ambitious, and passionate candidates to continue helping our clients throughout the Southeast. When you join SynTerra, you do more than simply switch companies to advance your career. You become part of the SynTerra family, a group of talented individuals who drive innovation and embrace change. Come join a team that you are going to LOVE — SynTerra.