The Heating Service Technician is an apprentice or journeyman level position that works as a team with others to service residential HVAC equipment as needed. This position includes identification of problems and solutions, installation of ductwork as necessary, gas lines, wiring, etc. to complete job. The Heating Services Technician is also responsible for ensuring that job safety requirements are met in the servicing of heating units.
General supervision provided. Work is occasionally reviewed by a supervisor. Job holder knows and understands work requirements and completes tasks as required. Some opportunity for making independent decisions, requiring both judgment and interpretation.
1. Identify and develop corrections and solutions for problems with residential heating units, including electronic and mechanical components, ductwork, fuel and water supply lines; troubleshoot and repair heating units to include mechanical and electronic components. Serve as on-the-job trainer for other field personnel. Inspect job for completion and quality control.
2. Interact with client as needed; completes and submits daily paperwork for each job, including returns to warehouse; maintain and secure tools and equipment needed for jobs.
1. Organized, self-starter and have the ability to schedule and manage time well and meet critical deadlines.
2. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, can complete forms, document test results and interpret work orders and technical instructions.
3. Ability to teach others in performing HVAC service.
4. Ability to develop effective working relationships with customers, partners and staff from diverse backgrounds and demonstrates a positive, success-oriented attitude.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING CONDITIONS
This section includes physical demands and working conditions that must be met by an employee while performing the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Nature of work requires an ability to physically bend, lift up to 100 pounds, work in basements and crawlspaces with clearances as low as 24 inches, crawl in small places, and climb stairs. Must be able to bend, squat, kneel, twist, grasp and walk throughout the course of the day on a continuous basis. Work performed may be both indoors and outdoors, with some tasks performed outdoors regardless of weather conditions.
Requires ability to communicate and exchange information, collect, compile and prepare work documents, set-up and maintain work files. May require evening and weekend hours as business needs demand. Also requires participation and attendance at organization sponsored events and meetings.
This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills required for the job and is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice, in accordance with the needs of NHS of Toledo. Since no job description can detail all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time in the performance of a job, duties and responsibilities that may be inherent in a job, reasonably required for its performance, or required due to the changing nature of the job shall also be considered part of the job holder’s responsibility.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
1. High School degree or equivalent.
2. Minimum of three years direct experience in the servicing of HVAC systems.
3. Journeyman’s license preferable.
4. Valid driver’s license and driving record compatible with organization’s insurance requirements and reliable transportation.