MSHN Enterprises provides supervised group home settings for individuals struggling with severe and persistent mental illness. We offer therapeutic psycho-social rehabilitation groups, community outings, medication management, as well as individual therapy.
MSHN also offers enhanced and medically fragile housing services for those individuals who also have more complex behavioral issues and/or medical issues in addition to mental illness. These services include treatment and nursing and/or physician professionals.
We are seeking a Maintenance Handyman to become a part of our team! You will perform the necessary work to keep the structure of an establishment in repair.
Clean and maintain the building, grounds, and the entire facility;
• Provide minor repairs to the building and equipment;
• Do some painting and electric or plumbing repairs.
• Care for tools and equipment
• Use supplies and materials economically
• Can use common house-cleaning equipment
• Aware of standard policies and procedures in cleaning and maintenance
• Sweep and mop floors
• Wash, strip, wax, and buff floors
• Gather and dispose of refuse
• Polish and wash furniture
• Maintain toilets and supplies
• Assist in moving materials, supplies, equipment, furniture, etc.
• Assist in general maintenance of grounds and building
• Mow and edge grounds, using blower or rake for cleaning
• Change filters in washers, dryers, stoves, and heating and air conditioning units
• Grease, oil, and service lawn, mowing equipment, washers, dryers, floor equipment, etc.
• Oil hinges and adjust doors, beds, and chairs
• Replace light bulbs, fuses, and circuit breakers
• Be sensitive to the needs of the clients
Medical, Dental, Vision, and life
Three weeks vacation
Previous experience in maintenance or other related fields
Familiarity with hand-held tools and equipment
Deadline and detail-oriented
Ability to handle physical workload
Construction background a plus
Experience with hardware tools and electrical equipment.
Basic understanding of electrical, plumbing or HVAC systems