Tennessee Orthopaedic Alliance is the largest orthopaedic surgery group in Nashville and Middle Tennessee. TOA concentrates on the diagnosis and treatment of disorders and injuries of the musculoskeletal system which allow our patients to live their best life. Ninety plus years later we are advancing the practice of orthopaedic surgery throughout the state.
There are a number of reasons why TOA is an employer of choice; here are a few of them:
- Stability - TOA has been in Middle Tennessee since 1926 and has expanded to nearly 20 locations!
- Impact - TOA’s team members use our careers – whether in our clinics or our business office – to make a positive difference in the community by building relationships and helping patients live their best life.
- Work Environment - The TOA team focuses on fostering an excellent working environment; one of positivity, collaboration, job satisfaction, and engagement.
- Total Rewards - TOA offers competitive salaries based on the current Middle Tennessee wage market, plus a comprehensive suite of benefits, including Medical, Dental, Paid Time Off, and more. Our 401(k) plan provides a company match, safe harbor match and profit sharing match to go along with your contributions.
TOA is seeking a Workers' Compensation Specialist, a high-performing individual who will focus on the administrative responsibilities of serving those TOA patients who are utilizing Workers' Compensation benefits. This role is primarily administrative in nature, and provides coordination between patients, TOA, and Workers' Compensation carriers to ensure care is scheduled appropriately and free from complication. The Workers' Compensation Specialist reports directly to the site manager, but may have interaction with to the Director of Workers Compensation.
- Field initial outreach from injured workers or their employers to facilitate services by TOA
- Obtain authorization and pre-certification for services such as examinations, physical therapy, diagnostics and other ancillary services
- Schedule workers’ compensation appointments, follow-up appointments, and coordinate the scheduling of ancillary services
- Work closely with employers, insurance adjusters, attorneys, an physicians to communicate and collaborate on workers' compensation case issues
- Manage the workflow of assigned workers' compensation cases, including telephone and email inquiries from employers, insurance carriers, and case managers, attorneys regarding injured worker
- Obtain information and entering pertinent data into our computer systems – including the completion and timely distribution of necessary documentation to the proper party