General Material Handling responsibilities in a manufacturing environment, including operating a forklift, clearing production lines, loading/unloading trucks, maintaining production storage system (i.e. inventory control, FIFO), checking product for quality, and performing various other tasks, all with an emphasis on safety and quality.
• Identifies and transports requested materials to and from various locations including machines, loading docks, trucks, and storage areas
• Prepares Bills of Ladings
• Checks in/assigns drivers to docks for unloading and inspects trucks for cleanliness/compliance prior to loading
• Obtains production schedule and/or shipping orders and then identifies, verifies, and transports product accordingly
• Applies understanding of machine loading capacity and loading schedule, ensuring prompt and efficient delivery of required items
• Reports any problems with materials or transportation to coordinator
• Manages and stacks pallets, bins, and other supplies in specified areas.
• Services equipment as needed, reporting mechanical or electrical difficulties to Warehouse Manager
• Ensures accurate completion of all paperwork
• Performs other related duties as requested
• Ability to handle equipment and vehicles safely and sensibly.
• Ability to follow directions and work well in a team
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Interested in Continuous Improvement and able to thrive in a self-directed environment
• Understanding of and the ability to abide by applicable OSHA and environmental regulations
Education and Experience:
• HS Diploma/GED Required. Three years of relevant experience (one employer) may be substituted
• Satisfactorily pass forklift driving training program or demonstrate safe handling of forklift in an on-site test
• Ability to maintain focus and situational awareness