The Bizzell Group, one of the fastest-growing companies in America, is seeking an Emergency Management Specialist to serve as the global health security public health emergency manager assisting with strengthening host country capabilities to respond to infectious disease outbreaks (COVID-19, Ebola virus disease, etc.), as well as natural, accidental, and intentional (terrorism, crime, civil disorder) disasters with public health implications.
- Liaise with all US Government agencies, including CDC, USAID, and other stakeholders, such as the Ministry of Health, provincial health departments and universities and medical personnel, and CDC implementing partners to develop and maintain a highly functional emergency operation center and incident command system in-country
- Provide technical assistance to public health emergency management staff at the Ministry of Health and provincial health departments for the COVID-19 response and infectious disease outbreaks (COVID-19, Ebola virus disease
- Develop and implement guidance materials and standard operating procedures for COVID-19 and infectious disease outbreaks (COVID-19, Ebola virus disease emergency management, including trainings and exercises
- Provide written communication, reports, program data, budget data, and fact sheets or success stories about COVID-19 and infectious disease outbreaks (COVID-19, Ebola virus disease emergency response preparedness routinely and as requested within deadlines requested
- Participate in CDC DRC team meetings or working groups related to COVID-19, and COVID-19 Commissions, and provide information, advice, and guidance as related to emergency response preparedness
- Proactively identify any problems or issues beyond the ability of the incumbent to resolve, along with suggestions for resolution
- Develop a written COVID-19 and other infectious disease outbreaks (COVID-19, Ebola virus disease performance plans
- Hold an oral meeting twice a month with the DRC DGHP Program Director to provide an update on activities and progress made at that point in time for sub-tasks
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Language: Fluency in writing, speaking, and reading of English and French (Level IV)
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the global public health activities and strategies, including advanced knowledge of the Incident Command System (ICS) framework
- Able to effectively conduct communication and diplomacy in public health evident by documented experience working with countries’ Ministries of Health, United Nations Office of Coordination Humanitarian Affairs (UNOCHA), United Nations Disaster Assistance Coordination (UNDAC), U.S. Department of State (DOS), Embassies, and/or international public health entities
- Master's degree in public health, public policy, public administration, medicine, or epidemiology
- At least five (5) years of experience working in the public health programs and effective coordination of operations, management, and analysis
- At least three (3) years of dedicated experience working in public health emergency management
- Knowledge of World Health Organization (WHO) standards and policies, Public Health Emergency Operations Centre Network (EOC-NET) guidelines
The Bizzell Group, LLC offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Professional Development & Learning Opportunities.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
The Bizzell Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. That does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive, and respectful work culture that values all.