Pine Tree Society is seeking a highly qualified, professional American Sign Language Interpreter to provide a communication link between people who hear and people who are Deaf or hard-of-hearing to join our Interpreting Services team.
Interpreting Services has been a leader in providing the highest quality American Sign Language interpreting services to the Deaf communities of Maine and New Hampshire since 1976.
***This is an in person position that cannot be performed remotely.
- Interprets between American Sign Language and English in a variety of settings including medical, mental health, vocational, educational, and Legal where qualified.
- Utilizes online schedule to ensure all assignments are completed as assigned.
- Works with Scheduling Team to coordinate schedule and ensure accuracy of assignments.
- Satisfies production goals established annually during budgeting process.
- Supports billing and payroll functions by maintaining accurate, timely records of work, including timesheets and other paperwork as needed.
- Ensures continuity of service by taking regular rotation in the on-call schedule to provide coverage for emergency service as well as serving in rotation as supervisor on call.
- Helps to maintain continuity of service by substituting for other staff/independent contractors when others are ill or otherwise unable to fulfill service commitments.
- Ensures confidentiality of client and agency information by adhering to RID, Inc., Code of Ethics.
- Attends professional development in order to maintain Licensure/ Certification
- Supports efforts to meet program goals by developing and completing special projects geared toward enhancing services, increasing revenue, educating potential requestors about services, educating contract interpreters, mentoring with practicum students where appropriate, and other activities consistent with program goals and objectives.