Who We Are:
We are a software development and IT consulting firm who knock the socks off our clients. We work closely with organizations to develop creative and custom software solutions so they can focus on what’s most important, their mission. Here at KL&A, we love what we do and believe that our employees are our greatest asset which is why we search for the best and brightest (and perhaps the most caffeinated) of the bunch. Which is why our employees have the opportunity to work in an environment of their choosing: whether in the dynamic office environment, in your pj bottoms at home, or a combination of the two. P.s. We don’t mean to brag, but we’re honored to have been named a Top Workplace by the Detroit Free Press for the second year in a row.
Who You Are:
You love building relationships with clients and helping to solve their business problems. Your creative and open mindset allows you to develop unique solutions for a wide variety of challenges, and your attention to detail is so good it’s scary. You enjoy collaborating with those around you, but can also accomplish tasks as a solo artist. You’re able to seamlessly transition from one task to the next without skipping a beat. Continuous learning is important to you, so you stay up-to-date on the latest trends available. You elevate those around you by mentoring fellow business analysts and teaching others. You’re personable, self-motivated, and love lending a hand to your colleagues. You may also enjoy a retro board game battle or joking around with your peers while you enjoy a freshly brewed cup of joe.
About the Role:
As a Senior Business Analyst, you’ll work closely with client stakeholders, project managers, and software engineers to create and deploy custom web applications. You will participate in every stage of the software development lifecycle and act as the team’s subject matter expert regarding the project’s business knowledge. You’ll accurately capture and understand project requirements by organizing and facilitating Joint Application Design (JAD) sessions, as well as translating them into Epics and User Stories. You’ll provide support to the development team by answering questions and participating in peer reviews. You’ll make providing quality and business value to the clients your top priority. You will establish and manage successful client relationships, as well as bridge the gap between technical and business communications by relaying information to audiences of all skill levels.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without a current or future need for visa sponsorship
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a Business Analyst, Technical Analyst or System Analyst
- Experience with Agile methodologies as a Scrum Master, Product Owner, or technical team member
- Experience working with clients to understand their business processes and requirements to work with the development team to design functional solutions
- Experience analyzing and developing user stories, including acceptance criteria and test scenarios
- Experience effectively conveying information to audiences of all skill levels and improving transparency
- Must be able to build trust with clients to elicit desired functionalities from documented business and functional requirements via JAD sessions
- Proficient in utilizing user-centered design methodologies to solve technical problems
- Experience creating mockups and wireframes to convey functionality to stakeholders and the development team
- Experience creating and maintaining process maps and data flow diagrams
- Must be able to champion practices that ensure quality throughout the SDLC
- Must be self motivated with a desire and drive to continuously learn and grow as a professional and as an individual
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills (English) with the ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience using tools (such as Jira, Confluence, or TFS) to document and trace requirements through the system development life cycle
- Skills in MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, and MS Visio
Desired Skills & Experience
- Previous software development experience
- Previous data analysis/SQL query experience
- Experience prioritizing backlogs
Compensation & Perks:
- Competitive salaries with bonus potential
- Three (3) weeks paid vacation (prorated for first year)
- 40 days of paid sick time (prorated for first year)
- 401(k) with employer match
- Ongoing education and training reimbursement
- Employee recruiting incentives
- Your choice of computer (PC or Mac)
- Premium healthcare insurance including medical, dental, and vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts for dependent care and medical care
- Employer-paid long-term disability and group life insurance
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Workspace customization allowance
- Awesome co-workers!
Since the COVID-19 pandemic forced most of us to work remotely, KL&A has embraced the new flexible scheduling that was one of the microscopic lights at the end of the isolated tunnel. As a result, we are conducting all interviews virtually (get your Zoom background ready.) New employees have the option of being onboarded into a virtual, in person, or hybrid work schedule and are provided the tools they need to begin employment successfully, regardless of location.
Kunz, Leigh & Associates provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kunz, Leigh & Associates complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Kunz, Leigh & Associates expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Kunz, Leigh & Associates’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.