To deliver products to customers while serving God and humanity by providing excellent and innovative poultry products for life and health on behalf of Maple Lawn Associates, Inc. (MLA).
• Be trained and proficient in all driving positions (commercial, fresh egg, etc.)
• Operate company-owned and leased trucks to facilitate egg shipping operations.
• Pick up and deliver product and supplies (fresh eggs, carts, trays, etc.).
• Ensure deliveries are on time and provide outstanding service during delivery and pickup operations.
• Monitor temperatures and truck conditions and ensure they are within specification while hauling fresh eggs.
• Responsible for loading and unloading truck.
• Perform required before-, during-, and after-operation “user maintenance” and provide required reports.
• Maintain all required certifications required by DOT and OSHA and company safety programs.
• Maintain and protect all property in excellent condition and ensure trucks are clean and DOT compliant.
• Follow delivery and cleaning guidelines as outlined in Embryo Delivery SWI and HPAI Egg and Embryo Movement Consideration.
• Wear proper clothing and footwear for biosecurity compliance.
• Report to Supervisor and/or HR Manager any employee concerns.
• Responsible for reporting all injuries, illnesses, and near miss occurrences to the Safety & Compliance Manager.
• May be asked to fill in on weekends and/or holidays or as needed when others are on vacation.
• Assist incubation personnel with other duties while unloading.
• Participate in safety training, and other training, as needed.
• Abide by all related SOP and SWI guidelines.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Establish good relationships with dock personnel.
Required Personal Attributes:
• Person of integrity
• Proficient written and oral communication skills
• Self-motivated, able to work independently
• Detail oriented
• Good organizational skills
• Excellent time management skills
• High school diploma or GED; and at least 2 years truck driving experience, preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must have valid CDL Class A license.
• Complete support of and willing adherence to Maple Lawn Associates’ mission, vision and core values. Applicant must hold these standards as his/her own.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as maintenance instructions and standard operating procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively communicate information one-on-one and in small group situations to other employees.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to interpret bar graphs.