Do you want the perfect balance of a professional job with the freedom to pursue your passions? Look no further. The accounting team at Arapahoe Basin serves the accounting needs of our internal departments and external relationships while also making time to enjoy the incredible activities this mountain community has to offer.
As the AP accountant at Arapahoe Basin, you are responsible for processing accounts payable, accounting entries, reconciliations, and will perform all administrative tasks related to the accounts payable function. This position meets the critical need of our organization to keep accurate records of payment and provide financial services to our teams throughout the company.
Apply now and come work with an incredible team of people in one of the most beautiful places on earth!
Pay Range: $18.75 - $24.75
Status: Full-time, year round, non-exempt from overtime.
Benefits and Perks for this position include:
- Unlimited skiing/riding at Arapahoe basin and 20 other Colorado ski areas and resorts.
- Flexible schedule for ride breaks if time and work load allow
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance for full-time employees beginning on the 1st of the month following date of hire
- 401 (k) for eligible employees
- Paid time off for all full-time employees
- Much more! Check out all of our perks and benefits here!
- Maintains and improves Accounts Payable functions including purchase order management, invoice processing/reconciliation, check and EFT payment disbursements while meeting 30-day credit terms
- Maintains account reconciliations for balance sheet accounts and vendor trade accounts.
- Responsible for timely monthly/installation payments via contract review.
- Maintains strong relationships and communication with vendors.
- Works with the accounting team to complete month-end close responsibilities at the beginning of the month.
- Assists with the treasury management function through journal entries and cash reports.
- Prepares monthly utility accruals and manual AP accruals
- Trains purchase order originators on J.D. Edwards software
- Performs reconciliations for outstanding purchase orders
- Maintains procedure manuals for all major areas of responsibility, including user manuals for managers and supervisors.
- Responsible for providing AP reports to the company as needed.
- Distributes monthly department-level P&L reporting
- Maintains an ethical fiduciary responsibility to company assets. Demonstrates competence, confidentiality, integrity and credibility of the accounting function
- Prepares 1099 and 1096 forms for contractors and the IRS
- Cross trained to cover for other accounting department positions when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.